Mentally Challenged Individuals on Gunbroker

There used to be a coin auction site called TeleTrade that had their computer set up to autobid [they called it incremental bid] in order to boost the price.
ebay has that, too. I figure whoever came up with the idea was a genius, and anyone who uses it is an idiot.

Currently on Gunbroker they've bid a box of 6.5 Accubond LR 142's bullets for reloading up to $190 for qty 100, when there are 2 other auctions ongoing with buy it now prices of $135 and $160 for the same exact thing.

Im sorry, but some people are just too dumb to be reloading.
wow! time to sell some components!

Having shopped on eBay for years, there are idiots or novice buyers that have NO idea about bidding or stategies. They see someone out bid them, so they bid again, and there are days to go before auction ends. Looking at the bidding trail will give you a clue if there is shill involved or stupid bidding.

Currently on Gunbroker they've bid a box of 6.5 Accubond LR 142's bullets for reloading up to $190 for qty 100, when there are 2 other auctions ongoing with buy it now prices of $135 and $160 for the same exact thing.

Im sorry, but some people are just too dumb to be reloading.
You can't fix stupid. You can only sedate it and hope they stop talking 🙊.
Just my experience.
Had a friend who's saying was too many stupid people. Not enough bullets. Little extreme if you ask me. Generally Darwin gets them first; get to save your ammo. 😉

Shills bid up the price and then the seller contacts the next highest bidder. Tells them the first bidder didn't come through with the funds. The most used site is FULL of shill buyers, especially the small gunshops selling on there.

Shills bid up the price and then the seller contacts the next highest bidder. Tells them the first bidder didn't come through with the funds. The most used site is FULL of shill buyers, especially the small gunshops selling on there.
I've been contacted before saying I was the next highest bidder and the highest bidder didn't pay. I never took the bait.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts