Buying primers off of Gunbroker

I wonder if there is any impact for the buyer in this instance. I think if you know the seller is ignoring the law, you must have some culpability.
I too have looked at gunbroker, is about the only source out there right now.

If the seller is an individual who knows if they are qualified to ship HAZMAT. Its not just having a label but correctly packaging the HAZMAT to prevent an incident during shipment. When you buy from a company that is authorized to sell and ship HAZMAT you are getting some protection from that. Its also correctly shipping through a transport company is also authorized to transport HAZMAT in the correct mode of transportation. When HAZMAT is shipped otherwise who knows where liability will fall. I can empty my own pockets, I don't need help on that.

ValuJet 592 good example of shipping HAZMAT incorrectly. 115 dead. FBI is still looking for the maintenance guy.

I was going to buy some primers at a horrific high price, but decided its too high . Also read somewhere that laws are being broken in shipping . I told the seller that I decided not to purchase . He then said "I don't care about the money, its a service I'll give them to you". Something is seriously wrong there don't you all think ? Thought maybe its some kind of sting operation .
beware. I don,t think a sting but seems fishy.

When I saw what people were paying on GB for a brick of primers(starting at a penny with no reserve), I thought... heck, I was going to sell some and buy a new Corvette, lol. I was always under the impression that I could just pay UPS the HAZ fee and I would be ok. Boy was I wrong! After reading all of the BS, it isn't worth it. You don't need them knocking on your door..... I already had the car picked out.... lol

Yea, that's likely the key point: No one needs more stress right now! Still wish there was a way to send these. Seems nuts that we cant send primers, but can send loaded ammunition!

Just to be clear on one point. "The UPS Store" is an individually owned franchise retail store. It is not UPS. No "The UPS Store" is able to accept hazmat as the individual stores do not have the required certifications or paperwork. Any "The UPS Store" knowingly accepting hazmat risks grave consequences. A UPS hub can accept hazmat if you have the proper certifications and paperwork.

Small arms Ammunition is a limited quantity. Example you buy a case of ammunition 200 rounds you have 200 primers, 200 cases with powder and projectile. Without the barrel if 1 primer happened to go off then you would get a loud pop but no real penetration from the bullet. Powder in even a 1 lb. can is concentrated and more flammable. Primers same thing they are however flammable and or explosive thus classified as hazmat. You have to be a certified to ship hazmats with UPS. You can ship ORM-D soon to be limited quantity small arms Ammunition.

ORMD expired on 12-31-2020.need different sticker now
But, same regulations apply as before now just different labeling ("white square on point" - is the new label)
So primed brass and loaded ammo don't
Have any new restrictions or hazmat fees, you just have to use the new label rather than the old "orm-d" label, most commercial shippers have been using the new labeling method for a while now.

No one just gives stuff away... I did buy some off gun broker--got them--and for contents it said "golf balls." Not much to do after they'd already been delivered. But i wouldn't buy from the guy again.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.