Weatherby 257mag choices?

I appreciate all input. Right now, it'll be stock and shoot. Maybe some day if/when I get the urge to use it's potential, i'll rebarrel it.

To 'therifleman'... I thought the answer was SIX? :confused:

morning, I forgot to mention I also have 257wbee on a
wbee action. bought the barrel off
gb 26" off a rem. action. rem and wbee have basic same barrel threads when building a shooter. depending on the speed u need a 257wbee
look at buying one that's been hunted, may not 100%
but good barrel and action then wait to build ur own.
justme gbot tum

I wore the barrel out on my 257wby vanguard, it was a 24". It's a serious overbore cartridge which greatly benefits from barrel length. Get the 26" barrel and throw away the uncle mikes stock. If it has a b&c stock that decent. I had better luck with hornady brass than Norma, but all of it needs annealing to stop the necks from splitting. Good luck

I wore the barrel out on my 257wby vanguard, it was a 24". It's a serious overbore cartridge which greatly benefits from barrel length. Get the 26" barrel and throw away the uncle mikes stock. If it has a b&c stock that decent. I had better luck with hornady brass than Norma, but all of it needs annealing to stop the necks from splitting. Good luck
That's because of that outdated round Venturi shoulder design... I've seen lots of Weatherby brass crack around the shoulder and neck area. This is why I've always said the Ackley 40º rectangular shoulder is a better design than the rounded 50º shoulder of the Weatherby. Back in the 40's, it was considered "revolutionary", but these days, it's just an outdated gimmick.

That's because of that outdated round Venturi shoulder design... I've seen lots of Weatherby brass crack around the shoulder and neck area. This is why I've always said the Ackley 40º rectangular shoulder is a better design than the rounded 50º shoulder of the Weatherby. Back in the 40's, it was considered "revolutionary", but these days, it's just an outdated gimmick.
The primer pockets are loosening up on my wby brass before the necks split because I anneal

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.