Cartridge Choices

I'm building a 25x284 so I'm partial there LOL!

25 creed is hard to argue with with the 130 class bullets and a fast twist. I'm also a self admitted quarter bore whore so......

I like a .243 Winchester with 105s for this role. You can run a 75-87gr @ 3400+ for blowing things up, or run a 105 @ 3000-3100 for deer and long shots. The 6 Creedmoor is great as well. There's many good options. A .25cal would be fun. I've never messed with any quarter bores, but with the new heavy bullets they're much more interesting now.

I'm not a creed fan boy—but I shoot my 22 creedmoor more than any other rifle at the moment. It has a 17 inch barrel suppressed and shoots 80-88 grain bullets dang near in into one hole. I have been shooting deer, axis, and hogs with it—man does it do a job—I love 338s, but I've been channeling my father—he shot a 222 for almost everything. But a fast twist 22 is a lot of fun—and cheap to shoot.

I'm also a big fan of 25s too—not many I have not liked

@Aoudad shooter1975

What velocity are you seeing, what bullet have you had the best success with and are you using H4350?

17" would be awesome, especially if it would still produce good speeds.

Thank you
Steve

Wait for @ButterBean to find out if what he's doing is worth doing with the .22-06 he's experimenting with. I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEEEEEEED!

22 creed makes a ton of sense regardless of how triggered that casing makes some folks that must assert their masculinity haha.

6PRC or wsm.

A fella made one crazy round called the .220 redline based off the rsaum caae. 75 amax over 4000 fps. They held together!

Or go full hardcore…25-26 Nosler?

That is way too much case capacity for what I'm looking to do. I'm thinking 22 Creed, 22-250 or 22GT might all work at 22", but I think the 22 Creed would allow me to go shorter and still be over 3000 pretty easily.

That is way too much case capacity for what I'm looking to do. I'm thinking 22 Creed, 22-250 or 22GT might all work at 22", but I think the 22 Creed would allow me to go shorter and still be over 3000 pretty easily.
I dig the 22 creedmoor 80.5 full bores in a 20" will yield 3200 with no trouble at all