We got Scammed

However, they usually don't get too careful opening an account cause they believe nobody will chase them down from it for due to cost to do so. If you have the gumption you can get enough info to do so. I was able to track someone back to their home in Chicago cause they got careless with their IP and another address that confirmed back to house address. If I wasn't "whole" in the process they would have a warrant issued. Wasn't worth any LEO time since I was whole. OK, those who choose to do so can add adjective in front of that term. Yeah I would have had fun with them.

Yep...my branch manager basically said send a personal check..business check..cashiers check..money order.....say goodbye to the funds...people open accounts just long enough to cash'em out and close up the account...money gone...no help...
Wow I'm so far behind the times lol. Didn't know that. Thanks

@RockyMtnMT get with your merchant service provider. They should have fraud protection in place for your transactions that send alerts to you when something isn't matching up.

Any time we get different zip codes or different billing/shipping addresses it sets a flag - for transactions that look fishy we make a phone call immediately to clear it up.

Food for thought.

People in for sale sections always laugh at me and call me "old school" or won't do a deal with me for not accepting electronic payments and only checks or money orders. This is why. And yes people can contest electronic payments even when card not stolen. My buddy lost $600 that way through paypal so I learned from his lesson.

Always set CC alerts for $1.00 to prevent CC tested for small charge before it really gets whacked. I know within 3 SECONDS of CC usage as text to my phone. I have stopped several purchases within seconds of use. Pretty much all CC have this feature in the Alerts on your account page. Easy to do and highly effective. Highly recommend.
I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

Why would anyone wants to be or do business on Fakebook is beyond me? I was there for about two months then figured out who and what they were never been back, and never will. Just my 0.2 Cheers.
My sisters used FB marketplace to sell our kitchen cabinets and countertop before we remodeled it. worked fine for that purpose.

My sisters used FB marketplace to sell our kitchen cabinets and countertop before we remodeled it. worked fine for that purpose.
That's great, I'm glad it worked out, but... now that I know who and what Fakebrook really is, well... let's just say their ethos dipstick is about one drop shy of bone dry, starting with the owner and working the way on down. I don't want to get into Fakebooks' political views, which I adamantly disagree with... but, it's apparent to me they don't like Gun Owners/Sportsmen or the 1st and 2nd Amendments so why would I do business with them, they are a " Red Star Chamber" for those that dislike our way of life. Just my 0.2 Cheers.

It just makes me sick with the frequency of scamming activity going on in todays world. Tough on crime seems to be a pipe dream. We need divert the new IRS agents to tracking down these low life people and making their life a living hello.