How many Trusty Shellbacks we got???

royinidaho

Sorry......not me.

When the Big E went from coast to east coast I went to Idaho to get married and drove across to Norfolk.

Crane

Not me either; NAS Bermuda & NAS Roosevelt Roads. It was tough duty but someone had to do it.

Chas1

So does it count if you were in the Corps attached to a amphibious battalion on a 6 month cruise and crossed the equator?

Chas1

Nope, I didn't participate but my son did back around I guess it was 95'.

Plankowner

Hello Follow Vets
Ht3 crossed in feb 90 on USS Constellation.
I rode it into Philly then got Plankowner 2 yrs later, as I transfered to Sima/Nrmf
Philadelphia for the rest of my service.

sniperjwt

HT2 here
unfortunatly the entire time i was in we did not do much but bomb some taliban. We did set the new record for most consecutive days at sea by a Navy ship at 159 days. Left 8 days after the 9-11 trade center bombings.
Never crossed over though but did have some fun times and memories to last a lifetime.

eaglesnester

Here is one. Not only am I a shellback but I am a Golden Shellback, I crossed the international date line and the equator at the same time on a West Pack on the way to Australia. I guess being a Golden Shellback qualifies me to talk directly to King Neptune and I do not have to put in a chit like the rest of the lowlife shellbacks. It was the old mans twilight cruise. Was serving in the USS Coucal ASR8. I was the ships corpsman. This was way back in the 70es, can't remember the date.

Cheers&Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

Last edited:

royinidaho

Sorry......not one!

When the Big "E" went from west coast to east coast for refueling in '69 I cut across the country to get married.

Just learned that the USS Enterprise, the longest active serving US naval vessel will be decomissioned next year. Got a bit of a tear in the eye when I heard the news.

Keith1

I was in the Marine Detatchment on the USS Helena CA 75. We crossed the line in May of 1960 in route to Australia.
Regards, Keith
Semper Fi

Trending threads

Recent Posts