I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will repeat my story about a simple letter with check taking 6 days to travel a few miles in Montana. It seems we've had several of these Rosanne Rosanna Dana moments; the guy bashing on Bergara for weeks on end and it turned out to be the scope, a guy bashing on a scope and it turned out to be the rings. I realize everyone is on edge; I also realize a tracking number may have fixed all of this. Maybe though, Scott, about whom I know nothing, did have an actual health issue, or a loved one was in trouble. In these trying times, when we know shipping, both USPS and UPS (notice how your 2 day Amazon deliveries now take a week sometimes?) is slow, perhaps be a little slower to, and I hate to use the pun, go postal. Don't mean to bash the OP as we all get worried if we think we lost money, but given the times maybe just give things a little more time.

People always point to the exception to the rule. Doodoo happens; not a perfect system.
That's no longer an exception, it's common with USPS. I only ship priority and what used to take 3 days takes a week now. The postal service needs to be shut down and privatized - even if it costs more. I'm simply sick of 20 plus years of postal employees who are unable to match an address with the correct box. Every postal worker I've had for the last 20 has done that. The most basic part of the job and they can't do it. Every one now is talking on their phone constantly while dropping mail off and trying to do two things at once is not their strong suit. I've had them deliver a handgun to my neighbor (actually dropped on their front door even when signature was required) and even after complaining to the postmaster nothing was done. It's one of the many govt agencies that need to be shut down.

That's no longer an exception, it's common with USPS. I only ship priority and what used to take 3 days takes a week now. The postal service needs to be shut down and privatized - even if it costs more. I'm simply sick of 20 plus years of postal employees who are unable to match an address with the correct box. Every postal worker I've had for the last 20 has done that. The most basic part of the job and they can't do it. Every one now is talking on their phone constantly while dropping mail off and trying to do two things at once is not their strong suit. I've had them deliver a handgun to my neighbor (actually dropped on their front door even when signature was required) and even after complaining to the postmaster nothing was done. It's one of the many govt agencies that need to be shut down.

Someone is trying/hoping to do that, but not for the reason/s that you state. For the most part my service to and fro has been pretty dang good as well as the people with whom I deal.

I am not so sure the seller was dragged through the mud; at the end of the day, the buyer got his goods. I don't think his OP was out of line. Certainly the seller should have provided a tracking number.

THIS WAS RESOLVED - THE USPS SHIPPING TOOK LONGER THAN EXPECTED. ALWAYS USE TRACKING NUMBERS WHEN SHIPPING ITEMS, AND PROVIDE THEM TO FOLKS. ALSO PLEASE CONSIDER COMMUNICATION IS KEY WHEN SELLING ITEMS. - ADMIN

Last edited by a moderator: Today at 7:25 AM
Great.

Thread closed then??

Status
Not open for further replies.