VAP TKO Broadhead insert problems

mwkelso

Wondering if anyone has had like issues with this arrow and insert combination. Some are shearing off inside the target, others are bending, some are staying true (for now).

Target: Murrell Yellow Jacket
Arrows: VAP TKO Elite 300 cut to 30”
Bow: PSE Omen Pro (2007), 74#, 29-1/2” DL

The bow was just tuned when I bought the arrows, and the paper looked perfect after tuning.

9EF2307C-6017-42CA-851B-76B1A5CAF84A.jpeg
C285812D-DC2A-44F6-BC50-97B7FE03CA33.jpeg
B1762CDF-1FEA-4ABA-A6B3-D9E5517BF33F.jpeg

Bottom image is comparing a bent insert to a straight.

Philward

Only issue I had was a couple pulled out of arrow so had to buy replacements and glued them in better. Could be when you pull them out of target? I had a morrel target that was tough to get arrows out of.

mwkelso

Only issue I had was a couple pulled out of arrow so had to buy replacements and glued them in better. Could be when you pull them out of target? I had a morrel target that was tough to get arrows out of.
That could be part of it... they do like to grab the target with that lip on their way out for sure.
I asked one of the archery shops here locally, they suggested changing to the SS inserts for higher strength. They said the aluminum inserts are prone to bending

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce