broadhead.?

hillbily

i shoot a 50# samick recurve, 30" FMJ carbon/ metal arrow with 4" fetching, and am looking for new broadheads, was thinking G5 125's any ideas? all this is new to me (not archery the carbon arrows and such) i used to shoot cedar exclusively with 125 magnus two blade,

You might also look at the steelforce phat heads. I get really good flight with them. The .070" thick main blade is pretty awesome too.

Check out these test ...

Broadhead Field Test and Reviews

I am currently testing 100g slick tricks ... so far so good. A friend is a pro staffer for Mathews and got back from an African Safari hunt a couple of weeks ago and successfully shot a 2400 lbs giraffe at 41 yards. The pictures and raw video footage was awesome. He shoots a Reezen 7 @ 70 lbs, 100g slick tricks, 30" arrows not sure of the weight but only the fletchings were sticking out when he shot it at the base of the neck. The giraffe managed to wander off ~ 100 yards then expired in a couple of minutes ... also had some serious blood trails.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I had great success a year ago with 100 grain Tight Point Shuttle T's. I used one on a big bull elk from 60 yards (ranged). The arrow went in just behind the shoulder, through the heart and broke-off at the fletching in the ribs on the far side. (We found the last 3-1/2 inches of the arrow trapped in the ribs). Bow was a 2002 Browning Mirage SX set at 70 lbs.

thanks for the tips, (really wqnted to see that video but i'm only on dial up) i've gone with the G5 montec 125's love em! same poi as my field points and great cutting diameter.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.