Use a grain mill to make your own tumbling media.

[Forgive me, Orkan - Great thread but I have a question that is not specifically about rice]
Do you just put a whole sheet in and doesn't that interfere with the smooth movement of the brass through then media? Can you cut up the sheet into smaller pieces and get the same effect with smoother movement?
Thanks,
Rex
I rip my sheets into 1/4s approximately....no problems!

I've been using rice forever. But I'm so frugal don't even use a tumbler, I double wrap the cases in old jeans tied off with wire, put in the clothes dryer for about half hour, works great.
You can do it with or without drying clothes.
And no, it doesn't hurt anything or leak if you do it right

It leaves the necks in what I would consider is the best condition I've seen from mass-processed brass. VERY accurate and precise results from this method.
I'm running 150 pieces of 44 Magnum brass in medium rice right now. Thank you for your knowledge and the article.

Interesting, I was just about to order some corn cob media to replace my walnut media. I have a grain mill for milling my brewing grains so may just try this ... will just need to pick up a fine sifter to get rid of the fine powder it creates.

By the way, Thumlers UV-18's are in stock at MidwayUSA! First time I've seen them in stock anywhere in over a year. Better get on it if you want one!

I grabbed 2 more for myself.
UdsvGhWh.jpg