Sub caliber tumbling media?

Came across a product called Brass Juice Case Wash(from Texas) I haven't used it but claims you can use it without pins and you can reuse the solution 5-6 times. Check it out and let me know how it works if you try it.

I used rice for years in a rotary tumbler,before I heard about crushed walnut and corn cob,and it worked well. The only issue I ran into was it filled up the primer pockets and occasionally got stuck in flash holes,creating another step in the cleaning process. I have since gone to wet tumbling with chips from Southern Shine,and although it's more work,with rinsing and drying,it's the best way I've found,so far. The chips can be picked up with a magnet,so I use a large,round one inside the sink drain to catch any chips that escape during the rinse,and leave them in the tumbler when not in use.I still use walnut for removing the lube from sized cases,but it only takes a half hour or so for that.

It certainly is a balance. Corncob or walnut treated in a vibratory tumbler reigned for a long time. It always drove me nuts using it in small caliber cartridges as it would require tapping every piece of bras to make sure it was clear. Always left a little bit of residue and rarely got primer pockets.

My venture into ultrasonic and brass left me always a bit underwhelmed.

Have a pin wet tumble method that works, and is faster albeit a bit more labor intensive. Just ordered the linked stainless media and will give it a try on the 204 and 17.

For the guys just rotary tumbling and chemical cleaners, on a scale of 1-muddy range brass how well does it work? My 204 brass is just grubby but not dirt covered bulk range brass dirty. All liquid cleaning of the 17 hornet would be nice. The brass is expensive and sensitive and my big fat fingers make it a pain to fiddle with.

Recent Posts