UPS strikes again

When I shipped a rifle to Kirby a couple years ago, the UPS driver who picked it up at my business tried to tell me that it was against policy. I promptly sat him down at a computer and pulled up the UPS website and showed him his own company's policy. A bit red faced:D, he took the package and everything was fine. I did declare it as a rifle simply for insurance purposes.

As you say, knowledge is power!

Everything I ship is 'tractor parts', even my kids Christmas presents as I feel its none of their darn business whats in the box as long as I pay for it. I've shipped rifles, parts, brass, bullets, and barbie dolls all as tractor parts. Its a MYOB kinda thing.

If any of you would like to me set up a UPS account please email at [email protected] This will cure the problems that some of seem to be having at the UPS shipping outlets. I will need your name, address and phone number. It is free service you aren't charge till you ship, and you will receive a bill in the mail. Plus I get some credits on my Ups card. When I set up an account for you, you receive a care packet in about 3 days with instructions and a few shipping labels. You can call after that, and they will send you pre-printed labels with your name, and shipper number, again free of charge. Don't let a few bad apples ruin your experience with your shipping rights.

You can also go online, and set up your own account. From there you can print your own labels, and just hand it to the next UPS person you see.

You can also go online, and set up your own account. From there you can print your own labels, and just hand it to the next UPS person you see.

YUP! Just did it yesterday. Insurred for $1100 and it never asked the contents. If you insure it you will also print a form for the driver to sign.

I just waited for him to go by the house, waved him down in the street, handed him the box and had him sign.

Worked like a charm and can be tracked every step of the way.:cool:

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.