FedEx strikes againšŸ˜”

338weatherby

So, I sold my Sig Kilo 3000's to upgrade to the 10K's. Placed my order at RSR and got an estimated delivery date of 1/30, today. While I was at work I got a delivery confirmation from FedEx. Great I thought. I'll be able to check them out tonight. I opened the confirmation and there was this pic.
Problem is, NOT MY HOUSE! I tried calling and talking to FedEx. What a pain to get a real person. They want you to enter the tracking number and then say it's delivered. I talked to RSR and they told my to talk to FedEx. Finally and told the RSR guy, you figure it out and get ahold of them, you shipped it. To make matters worse, when I finally got someone on the phone with FedEx, she asked what my house looks like. I said, log house dark brown stain. She's then asks, what kind of siding do I have! I had to explain, LOGS! Looks nothing like the one in the pic. Stay tuned. Not real happy having $2000 binos sitting at someone's house. Especially now as the day went by and its looking like the homeowner isn't saying anything šŸ˜”

Attachments

• 9CAAE172-C6D0-4C1A-8203-AE10465509C5.png
    9CAAE172-C6D0-4C1A-8203-AE10465509C5.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 131
I had this happen a couple times when I was living in San Diego. We drove around the neighborhood looking for a door step that matched the picture. We found where it was delivered on 2 different occasions. One time the old lady had walked 2 packages down to my house. She couldn't carry the larger one so she left it outside and apologized for not being able to carry it to us. She was super nice.
The second time we knocked on the door and asked. They brought us the packageā€¦which they had opened and didn't look like they had any intent of finding the rightful owner. So people are just jerks.
Good luck!

I had this happen a couple times when I was living in San Diego. We drove around the neighborhood looking for a door step that matched the picture. We found where it was delivered on 2 different occasions. One time the old lady had walked 2 packages down to my house. She couldn't carry the larger one so she left it outside and apologized for not being able to carry it to us. She was super nice.
The second time we knocked on the door and asked. They brought us the packageā€¦which they had opened and didn't look like they had any intent of finding the rightful owner. So people are just jerks.
Good luck!
I don't recognize the house at all. I'm about 15 miles out of a small town, so rural. Only about 10 houses I'd call neighbors. None look like this. No clue where the house in pic is. I wish I knew more about geolocation from a pic

Same thing happened to me with a stock. Luckily I saw the Fed ex guy drive by right when I got the email it was delivered. Walked down 5 houses and there the package was. Not really that close to the same house number as mine. Being able to read must not be a required skill in the delivery business anymore.

So, I sold my Sig Kilo 3000's to upgrade to the 10K's. Placed my order at RSR and got an estimated delivery date of 1/30, today. While I was at work I got a delivery confirmation from FedEx. Great I thought. I'll be able to check them out tonight. I opened the confirmation and there was this pic.
Problem is, NOT MY HOUSE! I tried calling and talking to FedEx. What a pain to get a real person. They want you to enter the tracking number and then say it's delivered. I talked to RSR and they told my to talk to FedEx. Finally and told the RSR guy, you figure it out and get ahold of them, you shipped it. To make matters worse, when I finally got someone on the phone with FedEx, she asked what my house looks like. I said, log house dark brown stain. She's then asks, what kind of siding do I have! I had to explain, LOGS! Looks nothing like the one in the pic. Stay tuned. Not real happy having $2000 binos sitting at someone's house. Especially now as the day went by and its looking like the homeowner isn't saying anything šŸ˜”
Bummer, I hope it gets resolved soon and with a happy ending. I had a similar issue with an $1800 scope a few years ago. I got a notification it was delivered to my front porch. I immediately called FEDEX and told them about it. The CS person insisted it was delivered to my address. Since I am only 2 miles from their main office, I showed up and talked to the manager. She took my information and the item and started a tracker while I was there, and they will contact me as soon as they have a lead.

When I got home, the item in question was on my porch with a note from the person that dropped it. It was delivered to the wrong address, three blocks over, same house number but on a different street.

I don't recognize the house at all. I'm about 15 miles out of a small town, so rural. Only about 10 houses I'd call neighbors. None look like this. No clue where the house in pic is. I wish I knew more about geolocation from a pic
338, save the photo to your computer, once saved RIGHT click on the file and select "properties" when that dialog box opens select the Details tab... That will contain whatever exif data that remains in the file.... GEO-location would be there if active on the device which took the photo, if it was capable...

338, save the photo to your computer, once saved RIGHT click on the file and select "properties" when that dialog box opens select the Details tab... That will contain whatever exif data that remains in the file.... GEO-location would be there if active on the device which took the photo, if it was capable...
Thanks. I just tried that and there is no info under the details, just where I saved it.

That is painful. Last year I had a computer shipped to me. As soon as I got notification it was home I went to pick it up. It was not there, however there was a different package at my house for someone on the other side of town. I took the package to that address and my computer was sitting on their porch. I swapped packages and luckily it worked out for me.

In this day how can you put the wrong package with the wrong name and address in two very different places. I hope it works out for you.

i had a much cheaper package but same thing happened last friday.. delevired to the wrong house, and not even close. I drove around looking for the front porch in the picture and could not figure it out. . it just had brass and bullets for me though.. good luck i hope you get it worked out!!