Ultralight Stocks

Mc Fraser

Hello All,
I am building a 300PRC and I need some help with my research. I went with an HCA Heavy Hunter carbon barrel and will probably go with a Pierce Ti action.
I am not very familiar with stocks so I was hoping that you could help me figure out what options do I have for ultralight stocks.
So far the lightest that I could find is the Proof one at under 20oz. Ag comes close to 26oz.
So, what's out there?
https://www.stockysstocks.com/stocks-by-feature/intended-use/ultralight-hunting/proof-researchr-carbon-fiber-lightweight-hunter-riflestock-remington-700tm-clones.html

Doozy

I'm building a 300 PRC myself and decided on the Stocky's NextGen UltraLite Carbon Fiber VG2 Remington 700 in long action; I thought it was the best value at $549.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stocky-sr-new-ultralite-carbon-fiber-vg2tm-remington-700tm-stocks.html

I was also very interested in the Mesa stock

https://redhawkrifles.com/mesa-precision-arms-altitude-carbon-fiber-stock-remington-700/

But I prefer vertical grips, with flat butt and hand guard (for laying on bags). You may prefer a more traditional sporter hunting stock. I would have also liked a thumbhole stock.

BEEMAN

Wildcat composites come in light. They have sporter or a vertical grip model. Exchange rate is on your side to if you’re in the States.

snox801

Good choice pierce build me an ultra lite 6.5 creed a few years back and is currently building me a prc improved. Xlr has a magnesium chassis with carbon handle and stock that is very light. I went with a manners eh5 to actually add a bit of weight back tot the rifle. When they get below 6lbs they can be very hard to shoot long range. But if I build them light I can add weight where I want like scope and bipods.

David Lindler

Hello All,
I am building a 300PRC and I need some help with my research. I went with an HCA Heavy Hunter carbon barrel and will probably go with a Pierce Ti action.
I am not very familiar with stocks so I was hoping that you could help me figure out what options do I have for ultralight stocks.
So far the lightest that I could find is the Proof one at under 20oz. Ag comes close to 26oz.
So, what's out there?
https://www.stockysstocks.com/stocks-by-feature/intended-use/ultralight-hunting/proof-researchr-carbon-fiber-lightweight-hunter-riflestock-remington-700tm-clones.html
Proof at 20oz

BEEMAN

That guy is incredible, low prices and under 20oz. I’ll go with him for sure
Mine turned out ok. In letting isn’t quite as nice as a Manners or McMillan but not bad. With that said I did have some issues with my last Manners, so it happens. I’ve found wildcat customer service excellent. Best of luck with your stock.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce