Savage Ultralight vs Weatherby Hunter

I bought it slightly used but have never shot it. Switched to a weatherby backcountry because i got my butt kicked in the mountains last time elk hunting.

I have a 280AI ultralight and love it. I will do some work to the fore end but it will shoot. Have 3 savages and only 1 weatherby if that tells anything. Savages have become the Remington of the old days. They will be around. Nothing against Weatherby, good gun. Just no excitement there.

I have never. Yes NEVER loaded for a Savage for the last 30 years that didn't shoot .6" or under with real hunting bullets not the new age re labeled match bullets.
To your specifics my UL in 28N totally stock with a brake added shoots 160AB's well under .5" and closer to .3"' often.
I don't sell guns so all I care about is how they feel and shoot not how much it's worth or it's status.

I have never. Yes NEVER loaded for a Savage for the last 30 years that didn't shoot .6" or under with real hunting bullets not the new age re labeled match bullets.
To your specifics my UL in 28N totally stock with a brake added shoots 160AB's well under .5" and closer to .3"' often.
I don't sell guns so all I care about is how they feel and shoot not how much it's worth or it's status.
Agree with that. Collector no go at selling.

I have the Ultralite in 280 AI and really like it. The 22" barrel gives up a little velocity. Mine is shooting 160 accubond less than 3/4" consistently with 61.2 gr of H4831 at 2810 fps. I'm sure I could get more speed with a different powder but this is a very consistent load and will do all I need out to 500.