Super Ultralight LR Bolt Rifle Build

The least expensive route to a 4.5lb bare rifle is using a Kimber action with a factory contour in a 18-20 oz stock.

I have two rifles built using a donor Montana but I have not ponied up the cost of a 20 oz stock.

Check out MG Arms as they have an Ultralight model as light as 4.75lbs with a Rem 700 action, Im sure if you used a Remington 700 Titanium you could get it down even lighter, they boast a 13oz kevlar carbonfiber stock.

I used a Wildcat stock on my 6.5x47 build. Going from memory the blank weighed 17 oz. this doesn't include studs, dipping, or recoil pad. Inletting wasn't perfect, but for a lighter weight hunting gun it's not bad. Customer service is very good.

I bought a Christensen Arms 6.5 mm bore 26" long and a Pac-Nor 6.5mm bore 26" long that matches the Weatherby Mark V six lug ultra light profile. The stainless barrel was fluted by Twisted Barrel to reduce weight. Both weighed 40 ounces before chambering.

That's a great example rich, looks like you're almost 75% of the way to the weight in just an ultralight barrel alone. To save appreciable weight, you'd have to almost run a 16" or 18" pencil thin fluted barrel.

The Christensen Arms barrel went on a Pierce Titanium action (20 oz) and into an MPI stock. The Pac-Nor was hooked up to a Weatherby Mark V six lug action (26 oz).

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.