Factory Ultralight rifle options?

well my kimber montana in 257 roberts comes in a 6 lbs 2 oz scoped and it shoots four shot groups on a nickle with 115-117 gr bullets at 2900 fps at 100 yards useing hybrd-100 powder. never had a problem with and it kills deer very well. group on the left 115 gr bullets and group on the right 117 gr bullets.

Attachments

• DSCN1276.JPG
    DSCN1276.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 21
I just did a quick survey of suppressor weights…..it appears that you can easily reduce rifle weight by about 1 pound, reduce overall rifle length, and improve the rifle's handling characteristics by "dumping" the suppressor!

With the cartridges mentioned…..recoil should pretty much be a non-issue, unless the completed package is truly an "Ultra Light"! JMO memtb

Just threw some numbers together using a 7.5 pound rifle (scoped, loaded, slung) which is fairly light, chambered in 6.5 PRC, to determine appropriate recoil. I get about 19.4 ft/lbs recoil (1/2 recoil of my wife's rifle/load) pretty darn tame in a lightweight rifle of practical length for packing/hunting!

I would think should be very doable in both weight and recoil for your bride! memtb

Actual Weight on my digital scale. Savage Ultralight and Tikka T3 Superlight .308 5lb 15oz, and both with VX5 3-15 and one piece Leupold mounts 7lb 8oz. Savage UL 28 Nos. 6lb, VX6 3-18, TI Brake, Talley one piece, 9lb. Tikka does not come with threaded barrel, so add $150 to it's lower cost. You can pick up a UL in 308 as of two weeks ago for $1200.

These new Mark V Hunters seem like a good bargain. The small 6 lug is only 6.1 lbs. available in .243 win

Spend a little more for the Backcountry and save .8 lbs

Hey, look at the Weatherby Camilla, it's made in the vanguard and Mk5 series. Wood or synthetic stocks. Stocks made to better fit a woman's anatomy. I bought a vanguard for my wife, she's not a hunter, but does go to the range with me. She and every other woman that's tried the rifle really like how it fits them.
Take Care
Agreed.

I have handled them at the Weatherby HQ on my visits there, and they are nice rifles.
There are not many rifles designed specifically for women.

Agreed.

I have handled them at the Weatherby HQ on my visits there, and they are nice rifles.
There are not many rifles designed specifically for women.

Thanks everyone.
Just ordered the Camills for her in .243. I would have never looked into the Weatherby if I wouldn't have asked.

We done. Appreciate it.

When it comes to factory rifles I'm kind of out of the loop.
I'm looking for the shortest barreled, lightest factory rifle I can find. Prefer 6CM, 243, 6.5 PRC. I'm kind of burnt out looking online. Carbon or steel. Doesn't matter. It's only purpose is so my wife can finally carry her own rifle. 🙄. Mine are too heavy for her and I'm not having one built. If it's a steel barrel and long, I can always have it cut down.
Any help would be great.
And no Kimber

Perhaps a Tikka compact, comes in several short action calibers. Stocks shortened a bit as is the barrel which would be nice for the can.

Side note, my wife has a gun carry belt, not sure what to call it from a company called "Gunslinger". It has a place to hold the gun around the pistol grip area and still slings over her shoulder. Terrible description I know sorry..........I do know this we hunt some fairly starchy country and as long as she has that belt on to assist in gun carry she's never concerned if the gun is a light one or heavy.

Friend of mine found for his kids and they echo how my wife feels about it.

Just a thunk