Ultimate do all hunting scope

I really like my Nightforce NX8 2.5-20. I live and do most of my hunting in NW Montana. We have a lot of varying terrain from thick brush to some fairly open stuff. The 2.5-20 covers it all well.

I really debated a ffp version but the reticle just gets too small and thin. I know guys say too run the illumination at low power but didn't like the idea of not having it on if needed or dead battery issues. I ended up getting sfp.

The weights not bad at 28 ounces. I was running a leupy 3-18 and liked it, low weight at sub 20 ounces. I should say I liked it until I started having g return to zero issues.

Budget is endless for the sake of this exercise. Obviously if I can spend less and get something that fits my bill then perfect. The NX8 like most of you has mentioned has always been towards the top for me just never pulled the trigger on one. Not sure if 12x is enough mag for me out to 400-600 I have really bad eyesight and typically favor a bit more magnification than most.

For the money for a hunting scope out to 600 yds, hard to beat the Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16. I have a couple and they are very clear and hold zero very well. They offer a lot of value for far less than $1000.

I seem to be on a never ending journey of finding the perfect do all rifle scope. I'm talking 10-600 yards from the spot and stalk dark Timbers of whitetail country in the NE to the laying prone wide open plains of the West and everything in between. I try to keep things as simple as possible and own one hunting rifle for all of my hunting needs and trying to find the scope to live on top has been challenging. I need something that has a good mag range for the above yardages, enough low light performance to handle the dark woods, a good usable reticle at all levels of magnification, optical quality on the highest power and most importantly durable! Since this is my one and only rifle it travels a lot and as careful as I can be out in the wilderness it will see it's fair share of bumps. I'm not partial to FFP vs SFP but if it is FFP the reticle has to be usable on the lowest power for the close up moving deer shots.

Anyone have any suggestions on something that would check all my boxes?
I live in Idaho and hunt a wide variety of conditions from clearcuts, burns, to super dense forests. Most shots are exactly as you described, from in your face to 700 yards cross canyon.

I have $3500 ffp high power optics but for my dedicated cross over hunting rifles I run a Trijicon sfp 4-16×50 Credo, and a 3-18×50 Tenmile.
Both are illuminated, have proven to track and hold zero, take serious abuse, and have pretty **** good glass.

Eurooptic.com has certain models for under $900, absolutely no way you're getting anything else close to that quality for the price.

As you can tell by now, there a number of different ways you can go. There are always compromises you have to deal with in a scope. If you are running a long action with integral rails, be mindful of mounting space. SFP with Illumination works best for dark timber situations. Weight is factor for some of us, but not for others. Trijicon checks a number of your boxes and does not break the bank. If $$$ is not a problem, TT315M or H is just about as good as you can get in a hunting scope.

March FX 1.5-15×42 Dual would be tough to beat for your criteria.

NF NX8 2.5-20×50 would be pretty good. I actually just picked one up for myself (I am slumming) used for cheap. Couldn't pass that up. And if I don't like it, would sell extremely fast. Might be a tough fit on a LA though.

But if you want best of the best, TT315M or TT315H. 3-15×50. And fairly lightweight @ 28oz.

ZCO 420 4-20×50 is another absolute top tier choice. A bit heavier.

S&B PMII 3-20×50 Ultra Short would be awesome, but really hard to fit on a LA.
The 3-21×50 Exos is awesome for a SFP too.
Lance,
It's great to have your feedback here on these scopes.

I would like to know your preference for the reticles in the TT and the ZCO for a hunting scope, along with your opinion on reticle size on the 3x15 and 5x27 TT and the ZCO at minimum power range.
I have a ATCAR in FFP and wondered how these compares.

Thanks Brother

Have you looked through the vortex HD-LHT 3-15? Low mag is useable for close stuff, 15x is plenty for the ranges you mentioned. I love the center dot, and I dial all my longer elevation so the hashes in the horizonal cross hair work well for wind holds for me. It is SFP, so I have to remember to be at 15x for subtensions to work.

I haven't used aforementioned "alpha" glass, but for a reasonably priced upper mid tier scope I've been very pleased so far. Had mine for about a year and a half.

For the "do-all" rifle scope as far as hunting 10-600 as you asked... it's the 6X in a very high-quality scope in my opinion, it's always been clarity over power for me. Yeah, I know variables have 6x in them, and I have a lot of variable scopes like most here do, I also have a lot of 6X scopes as well... but... I think the bench guys figured out the 6X concept and clarity over power a long time ago... just my 0.2 no dog in the fight. Cheers.