Two shooters, two different POI, same gun

Glass. It's all glass. Eyes look through glass differently. Glass and Eyes!!!!!!!!! I shoot to the right in a minute my son shoots to the left of a minute! I have script glasses. He has 20 20! Did you ever wonder why the point of impact changes when you haven't shot a rifle in months?

All of the above possible. My 2 cents. See this in f-class at 1000 quite often. Shoulder setup, "hard" shoulder hold vs soft. Also if one shoots in a different "light" condition you'll see vertical. Lots of possible rabbit holes. Good luck đź‘Ť

For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. That is to say from the moment the primer is struck and the explosive force of the powder pushes the bullet down the barrel there is recoil pushing back on the shooter before the bullets exits the bore. The result is that depending how the individual shooter handles the rifle and manages the initial push back from recoil will cause the rifle to be pointed in a direction different from another shooter who manages that bullet in barrel recoil differently.

We told students when I taught at AZ Hunter Ed classes that another person cannot sight in your rifle. It has to be done by the hunter. A lot of parents will sight in their kids rifles and then take them hunting. The person who has the tag must shoot the gun to check the zero.

Common. I learned this while shooting 3 position smallbore at 50 feet in college. Not enough rifles to go around for everybody on the rifle team so you had to share rifles. Peep sights front and rear. You had to write down your sight adjustment or it would shoot differently than someone else's sight adjustment. Same thing happens with optics.

Definitely can be caused by individual differences in rifle hold/cheek weld pressure. My buddy has a higher pressure cheek weld and hits 2" high/right at 100 yards with my rifle..And it's repeatable.

I experienced the very same thing with a good friend of mine. At 100 yards, there was about 2 inches vertical and horizontal between our groups. It was so consistent, we could have zero'd each other's rifles.

Thankfully, my wife and I do not share this issue! memtb
LOL