Different POI for different shooters

Yup. So easy to burn excessive amounts of powder without a really good cheek weld.

Darrel Holland did a cheek weld post some years ago on this forum. Its well worth the read. Short version is that the cheek rest needs to be parallel to the scope axis and you need to be able to smash your cheek down firmly.
My cheek barely touches the stock and I do fine.

Well I guess this is a better outcome than my son being a lousy shot.
If it was me, I would pull the bipod, and both of you shoot free recoil from a front rest, watch him closely and go from there.
When I let kids shoot my rifles, if I hit, before I turn it over to them I crank the scope down 1/2 moa, or .2mils, they cannot load a bipod like an adult.
I am slightly lost on the left aspect of this though, IME, kids have some great trigger control.

Yep, we all have different check weld pressure/anchor points. This reminds me of a bow hunter I met at the archery range a few years ago. He anchors his thumb behind his ears/bottom area. It looks weird but it works for him.
All my rifles I count on have adj cheek pcs. I adj them, more as a guide than a point of contact.