Something different

Jeff Haugland

Looking for a few opinions on ELDX bullet for 300 win mag. For instance which is a favorite long range grain bullet for hunt and steel, how far off the lands they like excderia. I appreciate your time reading this. Jeff~

I load the 200 grain eldx in 300 win and the 150 grain in a 7mm rem, seated to fit in the magazine (Weatherby Vanguard and Ruger M77) and very little load development and they both shoot lights out. Easily 3/4 MOA if I do my part. Played with the eldm's and seemed to not be the easy button that the eldx is in my rifles.

The 220 loves around a . 050 jump in my 300WM. If I get closer than . 030, the groups are horrible. Weird really. All my ELDs including the Match bullets love to jump quite a ways for ultimate accuracy

Looking for a few opinions on ELDX bullet for 300 win mag. For instance which is a favorite long range grain bullet for hunt and steel, how far off the lands they like excderia. I appreciate your time reading this. Jeff~
Long range for me is anything over 500yds. Its a sleek cup and core with the interlock ring. Not what I would use for hunting Elk or Bear for long range. In a 300WM I like 180gr if the gun likes them. Every gun is different start 10K off and move back 10 more and compare. May end up farther back or even jammed a few K. Then all the different powders available.....I have one that likes R22, One H1000 or Magnum, and one with the good old 4350.