.22/And now for something completely different

This is one of my favorite things to do when I'm out of bigger stuff and don't realy feel like going through all the hiking up and down the range. I like to take the junk range brass from the bucket and take a wander down to the 200 yd line setting up cases as I go. It makes for some good UKD shooting as well as practice for doping the wind. Since I use my .22 for turkey hunting I put the majority of them between 25 and 75 but there is nothing quite like zapping AK case's at 200yds 3 times in a row
grin.gif

I guess maybe I should put up a target to see what it actualy groups at out there
rolleyes.gif

Cheers
cool.gif

a while a go i almost killed a rabbit at 100ish meters. The shot was downhill, and i didn't allow for my elivation, the bullet went throught both of its ears. By the way i was using a .22 WMR, Marlin shooting 40grn winchester super x. Oh, by the way, i have been having some problems getting the super x to expand in rabbits, at most ranges, anyone got any suggetions?

Hi I use a 10/22 clone with a Shilen select match barrel (16.5" long with a muzzle can suppressor) and topped off with a 4.5-14x50 Leupold with a mil-dot reticle. I sight it in at 70m with Winchester subsonic and 5mils gets me out to 150m (I have a trajectory table taped to my stock) over the last summer I would have had 70+ 1 shot kills at 150m sometimes in winds requiring upto 3 mils of hold off. My furthest confirmed kill with Win subsonic is 220m.

Another option for a challenge is a LD CO2 pistol from www.mac1airguns.com it is about 10ftlb's at the muzzle with 22 pellets and I have shot 50 plus rabbits at 20-33m with it my current record with it is a magpie with one shot at 49m. It is very accurate less than 20mm at 30m (3/4"at 35yds) the shooter is the limiting factor at the moment.

MTBA
In the August 2004 Vol. 7 No.11 Small Arms Review there is a article on Mark Whites suppressed Rugers see www.soundtechsilencers.com his premier pistol is the integrally suppressed Ruger KMK-512 which drops the bark dowm from 152-154dB to 112-116dB (action noise is 109dB and a CO2 air pistol is significantly louder than a 112dB).

i dont know how they go LR, but my coach at the air pistol range can stick 10 shots into 1 ragged hole at 10m with his air pistol, i think that it's a Morini. I have seen him shoot it over 50m with OK groups, oh this is with iron sights to.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.