Different POI for different shooters

Hey guys I have what is probably a basic newbie question. When shooting mid-semi long range I can shoot and hit a target no problem. When my 15 year old son gets behind the rifle he always shoots high, a lot of times high and left. I had another friend shoot with us recently and he was able to hit the target no problem also, my son shoots and high. I am just trying to figure out what my son could be doing wrong? Could it be something as simple as just how he is looking down through the scope?

I am talking targets at 400, 500, and 700 same results
Try using a good bag and lighter trigger with him for a steadier shot and will help moving during trigger pull.

My dad and I can exchange rifles without issue. But my wife, son, and I all have different POI's with the same rifle. Just differences in grip, cheek weld, an trigger pull.

Even though different LOP's, the wife and I shoot to same POI! However, she's a "wussy" 😁 and won't shoot my rifle…..unless really necessary! Really necessary hasn't happened yet! 🙂 memtb

Cheekweld is different
Cheekweld differences only matter (first order) if parallax error can exist. Does the scope being used have a parallax adjustment and is it set to the correct range? If so, aimpoint differences caused by eye point differences wouldn't be the problem.

Even though different LOP's, the wife and I shoot to same POI! However, she's a "wussy" 😁 and won't shoot my rifle…..unless really necessary! Really necessary hasn't happened yet! 🙂 memtb
My wife doesn't shoot much but has shot everything we own even the 338lm
944A5D51-5E1F-46C7-9EE7-861ADE166E98.jpeg

When others have tried shooting my rifle at long range, misses were usually due to either variations in check weld, or not focusing the eye solely on the crosshair. After some guidance they were usually on target.