Triggertech issues

Yes! I had shots being fired as soon as I would take my rifle off of safe (not even touching the trigger). I had it taken in to a gunsmith and he had the same problem, but when the bolt would close.

In my case, I believe he said the problem was the rifle stock was touching the trigger. This would cause vibrations to rattle the trigger (or something like that). Anyway, he made sure nothing was touching the trigger and I haven't had any problems since.

Send me an IM if you'd like to talk to my gunsmith and I'll send you his contact info.

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the sear on triggertechs not being strong enough. I put a black diamond in a bergara and a special in my rem 700. Both will go off if you tap the firing pin with a mallet no matter what the triggers are set at for pull weight. The black diamond will go off also if you shut the bolt hard enough. I have jewells in my other guns and have never had this issue. Both are brand new triggers and neither gun has been or will be shot until I can get it worked out. I dont think it's because of me because it isn't rocket science to knock 2 pins out and put 2 pins back in 🤣🤣. Thanks!
I had a TT that self-adjusted to a lighter pull weight. Called TT and they requested the serial number and return of the trigger. The trigger was replaced with a new trigger and all is well. No problems with new TT.

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the sear on triggertechs not being strong enough. I put a black diamond in a bergara and a special in my rem 700. Both will go off if you tap the firing pin with a mallet no matter what the triggers are set at for pull weight. The black diamond will go off also if you shut the bolt hard enough. I have jewells in my other guns and have never had this issue. Both are brand new triggers and neither gun has been or will be shot until I can get it worked out. I dont think it's because of me because it isn't rocket science to knock 2 pins out and put 2 pins back in 🤣🤣. Thanks!
It's the actions. TTS are timed for custom actions. Because Remington's have a large spec in which they have been made and the lug are often cut out of spec so try getting a 30 thou + size PTG cocking piece

Could the original poster please explain how he is tapping a firing pin with a mallet?
What is the weight of the mallet?
Not being a jerk here. Just trying to determine what is being done to cause the sear to slip.
Are you taping the back of the bolt shroud?

I also have TT and Jewel and others.

It's the actions. TTS are timed for custom actions. Because Remington's have a large spec in which they have been made and the lug are often cut out of spec so try getting a 30 thou + size PTG cocking piece
I would suspect this. Check that you are getting proper engagement TriggerTech to cocking piece/bolt. It's possible that it's slipping inside but I would suspect this timing first. TriggerTech will take care of you if it's their issue. I run a TriggerTech on anything that will take it.

Could the original poster please explain how he is tapping a firing pin with a mallet?
What is the weight of the mallet?
Not being a jerk here. Just trying to determine what is being done to cause the sear to slip.
Are you taping the back of the bolt shroud?

I also have TT and Jewel and others.
Yeah I'm tapping the back of the shroud, I definitely see how I probably confused people how I worded it haha. The mallet has maybe a 1 1/2" diameter so it's tiney and I'm definitely not slamming it by any means.

Ive installed hundreds and other then the diamonds that were recalled I've only had one that didn't work and it was locked up . I have had guys bring them in doing what you are describing but they were always set below where they should be . Trigger tech has good customer service and should take care of ya though.

Update from triggertech. They want me to set the trigger at the lowest pull weight and get back with them on what it is but where it only goes off by tapping the shroud and it passes the drop test and shutting the bolt hard they figure the trigger is working relatively well. He said it shouldn't be dropping due to the shroud hit and the pull test will tell 100% if there is anything wrong with the trigger. Thanks everyone for the info