Triggertech issues

RG300WSM

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the sear on triggertechs not being strong enough. I put a black diamond in a bergara and a special in my rem 700. Both will go off if you tap the firing pin with a mallet no matter what the triggers are set at for pull weight. The black diamond will go off also if you shut the bolt hard enough. I have jewells in my other guns and have never had this issue. Both are brand new triggers and neither gun has been or will be shot until I can get it worked out. I dont think it's because of me because it isn't rocket science to knock 2 pins out and put 2 pins back in 🤣🤣. Thanks!

9 TriggerTechs 0 issues!
Did you call TriggerTech??
I purchased a low round Kimber with a Jard trigger that would drop the pin if you looked at it too long. I disassembled it, and was clearly obvious that manufacturers should not ship hex keys with their triggers:eek:
I did send them an email I was just curious if anyone else had the same issues and I just did something dumb haha. Just weird they both did it. The special in the rem 700 isn't to bad but the black diamond is like kimber it goes off by barley touching it with a mallet.

I pulled the gun apart again and put the original bergara trigger back in and tapped the firing pin with the mallet and it held so I think ill just stick to the original trigger it's not a real heavy trigger but heavier than I like for 1,000 yard gun 👎

I have four TriggerTech Diamonds, all set at 6oz. Not a single issue.

Two questions....why/how are you hitting a firing pin with a mallet?

I have had triggers "slam-fire" when the seer is set too light, and the bolt is run hard. Just add a 1/4 to 1/2 turn on the seer adjustment until it goes away, then add another 1/4 turn.

I have four TriggerTech Diamonds, all set at 6oz. Not a single issue.

Two questions....why/how are you hitting a firing pin with a mallet?

I have had triggers "slam-fire" when the seer is set too light, and the bolt is run hard. Just add a 1/4 to 1/2 turn on the seer adjustment until it goes away, then add another 1/4 turn.
Thats just a way I got shown to test and it's definitely not a hard hit this is a tiney mallet that I'm barely tapping it with (I tried to post a video but it won't let me) . Where is the seer adjustment on the trigger tech diamonds? The only adjustment I could see is for the pull weight. I'm definitely not putting triggertech down it's just a issue my guns are having and like I said I was wondering if I'm dumb and just missed something I shouldve noticed 🤣🤣.

And if that's a dumb test let me know I honestly don't know haha like I said it was just something I was shown. It passes every other test and won't do it on safety so maybe it's not a big deal and I should just run it?

They are tough in my book. Had one once that the pins were apparently boogered up on the end and I was using too much force to get it set. I actually bent the safety switch over. I used the mallet to bend it back in a vice for new pins and slipped it in. Never has given any issues and that thing was abused. I have 12 others with no issues.

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the sear on triggertechs not being strong enough. I put a black diamond in a bergara and a special in my rem 700. Both will go off if you tap the firing pin with a mallet no matter what the triggers are set at for pull weight. The black diamond will go off also if you shut the bolt hard enough. I have jewells in my other guns and have never had this issue. Both are brand new triggers and neither gun has been or will be shot until I can get it worked out. I dont think it's because of me because it isn't rocket science to knock 2 pins out and put 2 pins back in 🤣🤣. Thanks!
RG - had exactly same issue last year with a TT Primary and new stainless Rem 700 300WSM - sear would slip about 1 time in 50. Talked to TT customer service and explained problem. They said to return it and they'd measure sear on defective trigger and ensure replacement would be at long end of spec rectifying problem. Took about 2 weeks in total for turnaround and the new Primary continues to work perfectly. Great customer service.

Last edited:
RG - had exactly same issue last year with a TT Primary and new stainless Rem 700 300WSM - talked to TT customer service and explained problem. They said to return it and they'd measure sear on defective trigger and ensure replacement would be long end of spec. Took about 2 weeks in total for turnaround and the new Primary works perfectly. Great customer service.
Good to hear! Thanks for letting me know, I will definitely call them tomorrow

I have only built one rifle with a Trigger Tech and only shot one deer with it.
And that was 2020.
I have had no problems, and I like their patent:

The next Rem700 I build will probably get another Trigger Tech.
Not because I can tell the difference between pulling a TImney or pulling a Trigger Tech.
But because I build rifles for fun, and I like the patent.

Attachments

• Rem 700 250 Savage 20201012_183809.jpg
    Rem 700 250 Savage 20201012_183809.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 87
I have about 3000 rounds on my current TT diamond and no issues. I shoot from 0-95F. Been shooting yotes recently in cold temps and no issues.