Devcon issues?

dustbag

I went to bed a stock tonight and my Devcon was stiff. Can was opened July of 23 and was sealed when put away. So I grabbed an unopened box of the same stuff Devcon 10110. It had the same thing going on. The black stuff was hard. Hard like can't dig it out with a butter knife. Am I missing something? Expiration is 10/27/2025. I ended up using the Devcon liquid I had left. Messy stuff. What do you guys recommend using?
Dustin

It expires quickly, I quit using it in favor of MarineTex. Last batch of Devcon was expired when I received it.

Followed by the fact it may have sat in inventory for a while prior to being shipped.

With all epoxies, I mix up a small batch prior to use to verify it will work properly. I also mark the date on the box of purchase date and try to verify the DOM and DOE when I receive it.

MarineTex has a batch lot on the flap and you can verify with them if there are issues.

It expires quickly, I quit using it in favor of MarineTex.

Followed by the fact it may have sat in inventory for a while prior to being shipped.

With all epoxies, I mix up a small batch prior to use to verify it will work properly. I also mark the date on the box of purchase date and try to verify the DOM and DOE when I receive it.
Good info. Thank you

Nice thing about pro bed is its made in house for guns fyi. Fresh batches offen. Marine tex and devcon is actually for other purposes so much of it out there. Also marine tex is harder to work with in cooler temps.

White and grey, I have mixed carbon fiber powder in the white and grey to make them darker. I haven't noticed any difference between the two as far as hardness, but I can test them with a barcol tester to be sure.

I will report back when I have the results.