Devcon for bedding

The "bedding job", minus the stuff not setting up came out pretty darn good. Sure I could have paid the gunsmith to do it, for about what the Devcon cost, but why not learn something in the process and have enough to do a few rifles. I'm not about to let one jackass, who's been here long enough to know better, spoil my fun. Everyone (minus 1) I've chatted with on here or bought stuff from has been top notch!

You can get Marine Tex grey on Ebay in 2 oz box and I find it's perfect for bedding, you can just dump the hardener in and mix it up bed the rifle and I usually have the rail ready to epoxy on at the same time, really makes it easy vs the expensive devcon kits that have storage and cost issues for a one time job.

You can get Marine Tex grey on Ebay in 2 oz box and I find it's perfect for bedding, you can just dump the hardener in and mix it up bed the rifle and I usually have the rail ready to epoxy on at the same time, really makes it easy vs the expensive devcon kits that have storage and cost issues for a one time job.
For a one time job, I agree. I use devcon for everything from bedding stocks, scope rails, tac bolt knobs and who knows what else. Your mileage may vary though.

JPNdave brings up a good point with heat. When I blend bolt handles, I use devcon and throw it in my (wife's) toaster oven for 20 minutes on 200. For rifles, I put a bathroom heater set on 90 and point it at the action area of the stock. Sure helps curing speed up since I'm impatient.
LOL, that's how I did mine. Really small room and the heater.

Edd, you've been around long enough to know your comment was rude. I'm no snowflake, but maybe try to fix the problem rather than tell him what he already knows he did wrong. Happy Sabbath Day :)

Alibiiv posted this on another thread that got shut down so I can't quote it. Good advice IMO just put the bad attitude member in the quotes.

"... My response to the drama is quite simple:

"Phoenicltic" attitude = PITA--------> "IGNORE" (in profile)= for me equals problem SOLVED!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts