Trigger issues

orangediablo

Wasn't sure where to put this, but.....

I was shooting my T3 and after about 15 rounds, I pul the trigger, no boom. I eject the round and notice a light primer strike. I close the bolt, dry fire, and felt/heard fine. For some reason I squeezed the trigger again, and the trigger moves back about a 1/4" and the safety moves up and back a little, no bueno. Open and close bolt, dry fire, feels/sounds good again. Squeeze again, trigger moves back 1/4" and safety moves like before. (Type of safety)

Questions are:
1. Any ideas what this could be or what caused it? Simple fix like busted spring?

2. If it's not a quick easy fix, are the T3 and T3x trigger assemblies interchangeable? I have a CTR I can put a better trigger on of and use the old one to replace the busted one.

It's at the smith now cuz i'm not about to pull a gun apart 10 days before the season. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

The only issue I have seen with a Tikka giving light primer strikes was on a T3lite I gifted my son. He installed an aftermarket scope base and got the screws in the wrong holes (he thought the screws were all the same length) after trying to shoot it at the range it wouldn't fire every time. He called me and ranted about what a *** that rifle is. After I got him calmed down I figured it had to be the new base mount, so I had him look for screw protrusion and he found it and switched the screws around and no more misfires. Your issue doesn't sound the same though and I suspect you have a bolt/safety problem.

Turns out it was a stupid problem.......loose screw holding the trigger mech. in place. Feel a little dumb, but happy it wasn't anything major.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts