Toughest optic

I have a question for you NF lovers. Have any of you guys had any problem with eye relief? Good friend of mine said he had a guide that didn't like NF scope because his clients had a problem with them being able to get a second shot off because they couldn't get the scope in the right position to see clearly to shoot again. I'm not knocking NF just wondering if anyone else has experience this same thing.

I have a question for you NF lovers. Have any of you guys had any problem with eye relief? Good friend of mine said he had a guide that didn't like NF scope because his clients had a problem with them being able to get a second shot off because they couldn't get the scope in the right position to see clearly to shoot again. I'm not knocking NF just wondering if anyone else has experience this same thing.

After setting up a few I think I know what he's talking about. The eye relief window does seem to be a little narrow. So once it's setup for one shooter it may not be as comfortable for another. Good example of that, I was just at a shooting school and I could almost not use my "trainer rifle" (school gun) because the other guy beforehand has a really short neck. Easy solution, we just moved the mounts forward 1 pic slot and we're good to go. Otherwise I've never had an issue getting multiple shots off behind a Nighforce.

After setting up a few I think I know what he's talking about. The eye relief window does seem to be a little narrow. So once it's setup for one shooter it may not be as comfortable for another. Good example of that, I was just at a shooting school and I could almost not use my "trainer rifle" (school gun) because the other guy beforehand has a really short neck. Easy solution, we just moved the mounts forward 1 pic slot and we're good to go. Otherwise I've never had an issue getting multiple shots off behind a Nighforce.
Thanks for your response back and I agree with your answer and the same question could problem be asked with any scope and it something I haven't investigated myself but maybe I need to and it might be a great question for this form.

Thanks for your response back and I agree with your answer and the same question could problem be asked with any scope and it something I haven't investigated myself but maybe I need to and it might be a great question for this form.

You're welcome. Glad to help!

I've not had any issues with the NF eyebox....now some the older March scopes were a struggle.

That sounds like a problem that's self selecting for hunters without a ton of time behind their equipment.

I enjoy guided hunts, but from my experience at base camps with lots of other clients guides deal with a lot of hunters with rifles that they have very little experience actually shooting in field scenarios.

Any feedback on the Valdada Recon G2 4.8-30 ? I have one on a 300WSM and it seems to be really well thought out. I am easy on equipment so I can't vouch for its ability to take a beating......Has this scope been through any sort of torture test someone could share with me......Just curious.

Regards
Rick

With the alacr 4x-16 no eye relief issue. On the nx8 it's a little fidgety but all the 6x+ erector scopes seem to all have to work hard to manage eybox.

I have a March 2 1/2-25X. I am/was very impressed with it. I took it to a friend who has a Nightforce 5.5-22X. I was really please with it until I stood there with his side by side. It was way easier to see get behind his than mine. I forgot that little experience untill now, so I have been in love with my March. It is better than my Bushnell, so I'm falling out of love with it. Whaaaaa.

I had to mount a nx8 much further back than I normally do.Was on anti -x built in split rail, on 20x scope, but its on a wimpy 6.5 so im not worried about it clobbering me.Im run it for a bit but if it doesn't workout will go on a rifle with full rail I also thought reticle is small on lower end,March is sized better in the FF

80% of hunters don't have the shooting fundamentals to maintain sight picture or quickly acquire the target for the first shot, they're totally hopeless on follow up shots regardless of their chosen optic. Guides are simply exposed to more of it in a condensed time frame than most people are.

Recent Posts