Arken optic

My 10 Pound, Semi-custom, 6 XC, became an 11 Pounder with, a New Burris, 5 x 25 x 50, old model, XTR 2 ,.. on top.
Bought Mine from, Scheel's in Missoula, last week for $599. and It's, Bright, Clear and, "Tracks",.. Superbly !!
Built like, a Tank and 1/2 as Heavy as one, but, it's,.. AWESOME !
Burris Must have UPPED, the Glass Quality, lately ( older Review's were "iffy", on Clarity ).
Heard it's now, Jap Glass, Polished NICELY,.. in the Phillipines.
Dialing to, 1,000+ yards,.. here, I come !

Ive got two Arkens the EP5 5-25 and the EP8 1-8.

The EP5 5-25 is the best and most feature loaded scope you can get for the price by a large margin. Can you spend 3x as much and get a better optic with better glass? Of course.
Can you spend up two twice as much and get a better scope with the same full set of features and better glass? I haven't found any.

There are tons of tests that prove the tracking is spot on and there are tons of tests that show the ED glass they use is excellent and as far as clarity/color is concerned it hits well above its price point.

The things you give up when you buy an Arken is a slightly tighter eye box, slightly more darkening of the image at full power, a less forgiving parallax/focus range, and an illumination system that blooms more than competitors.

The EP8 is a decent 1-8 LPVO. There are scopes with a better 1x and some with a better 8x but the EP8 is bright and clear and decent-good eye relief. Its a good value, not as good as the EP-5 but still good.

Ive got two Arkens the EP5 5-25 and the EP8 1-8.

The EP5 5-25 is the best and most feature loaded scope you can get for the price by a large margin. Can you spend 3x as much and get a better optic with better glass? Of course.
Can you spend up two twice as much and get a better scope with the same full set of features and better glass? I haven't found any.

There are tons of tests that prove the tracking is spot on and there are tons of tests that show the ED glass they use is excellent and as far as clarity/color is concerned it hits well above its price point.

The things you give up when you buy an Arken is a slightly tighter eye box, slightly more darkening of the image at full power, a less forgiving parallax/focus range, and an illumination system that blooms more than competitors.

The EP8 is a decent 1-8 LPVO. There are scopes with a better 1x and some with a better 8x but the EP8 is bright and clear and decent-good eye relief. Its a good value, not as good as the EP-5 but still good.
I am pretty dang impressed by my EP5's

Well there are X's, but they are pretty much the same color as the background on the screen. I could barely see them.
After not getting a response from Arken after I've sent them 2 emails, I've got better places to spend my money. I ordered one of the closeout Burris XTR II 5-25x50 scopes from EuroOptics for $569.
Yup to, THIS,.. ^^^
I bought, a New XTR 2 also, from Scheel's in Missoula, Mt. and really Like it for, use on, my 10 Pound, Tack driving, LR,.. 6 XC !
They must have, Changed the Glass, as my Scope IS,..Bright and CLEAR on All, the Powers even, 20 to 25 Power !
Tons of, Value and they "Track",.. Perfectly,.. I'm Impressed !

Last edited:
Have you looked at purchasing through another vendor instead of the manufacturer? I purchased mine through Cameraland and received it within normal timeframe. This is coming from NY, if memory serves me correctly, it was shipped by FedEx. I do know, USPS tracking can resemble the tracking collar on a Yellowstone wolf, I have watched it go from Dallas to Greenville sit for two days then ship past me to Shreveport for one day, then back to Dallas, sit for a day, then ship to Tyler, before being directed to my Post Office for delivery..

I do know, USPS tracking can resemble the tracking collar on a Yellowstone wolf,
This may be the most accurate description of USPS incompetence! All this time I thought this was wolf tracking but now realize it was Arken scope with USPS tracking for good friend of mine that finally got his this week that was "shipped" in December.

IMG_3356.jpeg

Purchased an EP5 back in Dec like it seemed a few others did....got a USPS tracking number...never moved (near as I can tell) from the USPS website....got the email from em about switching to UPS....but when they finally "got" back to me via email the last day or so....the tracking number is again in USPS....I'll give em the benefit of the doubt...for now....but we'll see if this one actually gets to me. Hoping it does. We'll see.

Recent Posts