Arken Optics….How good are they?

nksmfamjp

I'm planning on picking up a decent 6.5 Creedmoor if the stars align. I have 0 money for this, but I'm gonna want to shoot it. My plan is to get some stuff together and see if it shoots.

So, I buy decent optics for most rifles…Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2, Vortex Viper PST Gen 2, Burris XTR Gen 2, Tract Toric 4-20x…..and the biggest thing keeping me from goin* higher is I refuse to go over 32 oz….well, except the Toric. So these are not crap, but not TT, ZCO, or even Nightforce.

That said….what's an Arken like? Chinese made? I'm thinking EP-5. Glass ok or just slightly better than crap? Turrets ok? Do they work? Return to zero? Is 5.1 mils, 5.1 or 5.0? Other comments? Wha5 do they compare to?

Anybody break one? How? Warranty?

I got behind a 5-25x. Glass was bright. Eye box sucked. Reticle ok. Get what you pay for. It's not a $1500-2k comparison optic.

PST is the better buy. Better even is Bushnell Tactical Elite DMR II. Had lately for $700. A Burris XTR II beats an Arken any day. XTR III is leaps forward of XTR II. Bushnell, Burris, Vortex, Leupold warranties are forever. Who knows how long Arken will be in the game.

I'm planning on picking up a decent 6.5 Creedmoor if the stars align. I have 0 money for this, but I'm gonna want to shoot it. My plan is to get some stuff together and see if it shoots.

So, I buy decent optics for most rifles…Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2, Vortex Viper PST Gen 2, Burris XTR Gen 2, Tract Toric 4-20x…..and the biggest thing keeping me from goin* higher is I refuse to go over 32 oz….well, except the Toric. So these are not crap, but not TT, ZCO, or even Nightforce.

That said….what's an Arken like? Chinese made? I'm thinking EP-5. Glass ok or just slightly better than crap? Turrets ok? Do they work? Return to zero? Is 5.1 mils, 5.1 or 5.0? Other comments? Wha5 do they compare to?

Anybody break one? How? Warranty?
For what it is worth ...

Arken scopes.JPG

Arken Optics.JPG

I cannot remember the LRH member but he has both the SH and EP and is very please with them.

Recent Posts