Toughest Long Range Hunting Optic?

mk4 won't take a beating?
Not counting the many a dozen I have in my vault at work (or have used at work period), because some would say if running that many you are bound to see more failures, and going off just the ones that I have personally paid for...no! They didn't even "take a beating" the just failed. Failures to hold zero, failures to track were the main issues. I sold them for a reason. These were the variable power 30mm versions, the "newer model" MK4 (and higher models) seem to be doing better. The originals (M3 Ultra/fixed 10 power) I don't remember having many issues with. I still use them, just because I don't have to pay out of my own pocket. At least their customer service is great, they have even overnighted me a loaner. Someone mentioned IOR, will never go down that road again. Had a few failures with them as well. Getting them "fixed"/replace must have been a logistical nightmare, took many months each time.

What is the toughest long range rifle scope on the market? The one that can get the crap kicked out of it and never lose zero? The one that you would trust the hunt of a lifetime to? I know nothing is perfect, but if your life depended on this scope holding zero, what would it be?
Night force attack-r

Swarovski z6 or z8 with BT awesome, zeiss diavari, s&b are all top notch and always have been. I own several of all 3... some of the others mentioned I have also once owned and no longer do. Definitely put your hands on whatever you choose. Buying blindly can be frustrating.

Atacr 5x25x56 in a Spuhr mount and never look back.

Attachments

• 20191205_185705.jpg
    20191205_185705.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.