Toughest Long Range Hunting Optic?

What is the toughest long range rifle scope on the market? The one that can get the crap kicked out of it and never lose zero? The one that you would trust the hunt of a lifetime to? I know nothing is perfect, but if your life depended on this scope holding zero, what would it be?
Night Force is the only correct answer

Theres nothing to a fixed 10x. Its hard to break what you dont have. I'm not Special Forces and I'm married so I cant jump on the nightforce bandwagon.
I've never owned a NF or SWFA so I can't offer an opinion on either but a fellow LR shooter hunting friend swears by SWFA. Isn't the SWFA built to Military specs? (This doesn't mean it's better by any stretch of the imagination though)

I don't own a nightforce either, but that was my first thought. I am in the market for a scope for my do all 6.5 prc, and want to buy once cry once on this deal. Wondering if there is anything else I should be considering...
U.S. optics ? Military snipers are using their optics now, if I'm not mistaken. Must be pretty tough if they trust their lives with them.

Schmidt and Bender......I have plenty if nightforce and they are good but if you want rugged with the best glass, Schmidt

I'm a Leupold fan , own about 8 or 9 of them . Although most of mine are 1 inch, I like the 30mm tubes and matt finish . My latest is a 8.25 x 25 power with a 50 mm lens Great customer service department . Regardless of make or Model , Id never "Kick the crap out of any optic . Lenny

Most of us don't drop thousands of dollars on optics to beat them up intentionally. I've had my rifle knocked over more than once, I've slid down shale slides after losing my footing, I've had my rifle with me through 5 days of straight storms, I've known people who have rolled ATVs that their rifles were attached to, I've known people who've has horses fall onto their rifles. Sometimes it's nice to know that when life happens its not necessarily the end of the hunt. Some optics are just built better than others.

What is the toughest long range rifle scope on the market? The one that can get the crap kicked out of it and never lose zero? The one that you would trust the hunt of a lifetime to? I know nothing is perfect, but if your life depended on this scope holding zero, what would it be?
Leopold mk 1V, pound tent pegs with them!

My only heavy duty optic is a Steiner Military 3x12 that lives in a 1 piece euro optic mount. The thing is rock solid. You can feel the quality difference between consumer optics and ones that were at designed to compete for contracts. I would put it in the same league as S&B, Nightforce and the other big boys.

I do not trust any scope not to fail.That is why on a horseback hunt I do not attach a Hubble sized scope to my hunting rifle going in a scabbard.I limit my objective to 40MM to 44MM of what ever you like and sight in two of them using Leupold quick release mounts.I carry one well protected in my day pack.Horses slip quite a bit when traveling in slippery steep territory. I have seen more rifles get trashed on horse hunts then scopes.One of my favorite rifle scope combos for horseback hunting is a Remington Alaskan Wilderness Rifle in 338 Win mag wearing Nikon 3-9X40 Monarch scope.The whole package is under 8 pounds and the stock is a McMillan.Probably the most accurate box stock rifle I have ever owned and tough as nails.JMHO,Huntz

AMG or Razor HD Gen 2?
As a 3 year owner of a Razor 4.5-27 Gen 2, dropping it twice and once blown off a shooting bench ,last drop was Sunday 4 feet right on the top turret it landed hard, its been on a TRG 6xc 20 pound weight,from the beginning , never had to re-zero the scope yes I use the same load, My friend was sure it couldn't of survived that drop Sun,checked scope out yesterday still holds a perfect zero, I do think I have an exceptional Razor "a good one" but most might be that way.Good Luck.

Nightforce one of the best or maybe the best...heavy but like a tank....holds zero always..

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.