Toasted barrel or serviceable?

I have a .270 barrel I got off a forum and was going to use. I think, judging from the bore pics that it is toast. Pics are after 4 hours of cleaning and an overnite soaking (filled the barrel w/solution) with Wipeout/Patchout. Not concerned about the remaining copper as that's just more work. The remainder is my concern. Is it fire cracking, corrosion? And the perpendicular rings? New to me!
So, what say you, my more experienced technicians? What do you see? Thanks for your reconnaissance.
Could you fire lap it?

Anyone have any ideas on the perpendicular circular marks? There's a bunch of them throughout the barrel length.
Never seen anything like that. Only theory I can muster is the rifling button was stopped/started multiple times and left that artifact. I don't know what else could cause that across the lands and the grooves. Rifling buttons typically leave chatter on the lands that look like railroad tracks.

I bought a used Rem 700 .270 a few years back from a friend of mine that had been shot a lot! Like 2000 rounds plus. I bought it for the price of the scope knowing if it didn't shoot I would re barrel it. I put my bore scope in the tube after several days of cleaning and it looked waaay bad like an old sewer pipe. I decided to test for accuracy and factory lead core bullets shot just about 1 1/2 inch at 100. I then loaded some 117 Hammer Hunters and the groups were about the same. Not good enough!! It is now my Boy's rifle a 280AI with a Bartlein barrel and AG stock and shoots like a full custom. If your budget allows do yourself a favor and get a new tube. Cheers, Jason

Never seen anything like that. Only theory I can muster is the rifling button was stopped/started multiple times and left that artifact. I don't know what else could cause that across the lands and the grooves. Rifling buttons typically leave chatter on the lands that look like railroad tracks.
I bought a used Rem 700 .270 a few years back from a friend of mine that had been shot a lot! Like 2000 rounds plus. I bought it for the price of the scope knowing if it didn't shoot I would re barrel it. I put my bore scope in the tube after several days of cleaning and it looked waaay bad like an old sewer pipe. I decided to test for accuracy and factory lead core bullets shot just about 1 1/2 inch at 100. I then loaded some 117 Hammer Hunters and the groups were about the same. Not good enough!! It is now my Boy's rifle a 280AI with a Bartlein barrel and AG stock and shoots like a full custom. If your budget allows do yourself a favor and get a new tube. Cheers, Jason
Sometimes "bargains" aren't bargains at all. I WILL give it a spin but with tempered hope for results. Thanks to all for your input!

Corrosion that has been scrubbed out by something turning is my belief. You can see the fissures in the lands.

Cheers.

I have used Tubbs final finish on barrels that look like this, I do not use the whole regiment. But have found just one of the course followed by the Throat maintenance.

I have seen really crappy looking barrels shoot great and good looking barrels not shoot at all.
My starting procedure would be to find the lands then ….
714E47DB-121A-4389-85EF-7732660AC0A0.jpeg

I have done a test run of 2.250 2.260 2.270 2.280 and 2.290 In a 223 recently. The 2.270 was .7 for 5 shots. Most of the others were 1.5". Seating depth can be amazing.
That ugly barrel may surprise you.