Worth Cleaning or Replace Barrel?

Yup

Trying to unravel the mysteries behind this makes me ask if the previous shooter bumped his shoulders severely or if this barrel was put on quickly before a sale...
Is this the same Savage that had the little spacer under the bolt handle?

I bet this rifle was slapped together in its current configuration right before it was sold. It probably had a different stock and barrel on it previously.

Is this the same Savage that had the little spacer under the bolt handle?

I bet this rifle was slapped together in its current configuration right before it was sold. It probably had a different stock and barrel on it previously.
Yes Sir on all counts! Probably why I got a $17-1800 gun for half price shipped...:p

I follow Speedy too. That works if you can maintain a barrel equilibrium from the start. Trying to resurrect a badly fouled barrel like this needed some major mechanical action.
The "mechanical action" is not required with this product. I am a BR shooter and when I start a relay the tube is down to clean bare metal every time, and the bore scope does not lie--ever. Until this product came out and while picking up my 375 ENABELR few weeks we ago discussed it at length I used Iosso and a few other products and with this method there is NO residue from the bore paste to clean out which can be a PITA! I have 15 Speedy rifles both competition and sporters so far and all of them "dots" as Speedy likes to say if the bore is maintained.

The big boys are using this, and it is as effective as IOSSO paste as my borescope has verified. Was skeptical at first but Speedy has never advised on a cleaning method that did not work like a Swiss watch as the saying goes. Used this on a factory abused and I mean there was a carbon ring you could put on your finger 204 Ruger in a Remmy that one of our oil producers had at the ranch! Less than an hour later it was bare metal clean.... Patch Out and Accelerator.

Wipe-Out foam, Patch-Out, Tactical Advantage, Carb-Out, Accelerator- Sharp Shoot R products are top of the pile IMO and all that I have on my bench.

The "mechanical action" is not required with this product. I am a BR shooter and when I start a relay the tube is down to clean bare metal every time, and the bore scope does not lie--ever. Until this product came out and while picking up my 375 ENABELR few weeks we ago discussed it at length I used Iosso and a few other products and with this method there is NO residue from the bore paste to clean out which can be a PITA! I have 15 Speedy rifles both competition and sporters so far and all of them "dots" as Speedy likes to say if the bore is maintained.
I agree, bought wipeout, accelerator, and lock eaze after watching that video roughly a year ago. It's working great on barrels that aren't this one.

I've made an executive decision to remove this barrel, since I have to put a wrench on it anyway. I am wanting to shoot in competition, so why not start with a new barrel I can maintain from the beginning?

I use a homemade bore cleaner lubricant which has worked great. Mine is based on the Ed's red recipe.
A co-worker inherited a TC Triumph that had been left loaded and uncleaned for 15 plus years. The inside of the barrel was severely rusted. I was able to remove the old charge and break down the rifle. I started soaking with my cleaner oil and copper chore boy pads on a rod. I progressed to Scotchbrite pad pieces and more of my cleaner. Then I lapped it well with JB Bore Bright. As bad a shape as the barrel was i never thought it would shoot. Well... it's first range test made a nice clover leaf @ 100 yds. So i guess don't throw that barrel out before you at least try cleaning.

my Ed's recipe (no synthetic products)
Empty gallon jug.
1qt Valvoline Universal ATF
1qt non detergent compressor oil
1 qt Low odor mineral spirits
1 cup of Toluene or bottle of Goof Off. I use some orange oil also.
Makes a great penetrating oil as well as gun cleaner lube.
Been using this on all my guns for years never any issues. Everyone that uses it wants more...

Bartlien,Brux,Kreiger,Shilen and others...
Interesting you mention Krieger as I use them in all of my builds and have since 2003, except the new 375 ELR gun which Speedy wanted to use the CF Bartlein and Krieger does not offer them. I am not a Bartlein fan as I got a bad one during the 2nd year they were in operation. Jury is still out on this one. Know they are currently the barrel du jour and we will see.