Time change

Most people like daylight savings time. Almost everyone hates the change. I believe the reason for changing in the winter is so the kids aren't walking to school in the dark (as if kids walk to school now days). Every study shows kids do better starting school later in the day, but Teacher unions make the rules, and I guess they like having afternoons off. When they make me king, we'll have DLST year-round.

I lived in Hawaii and no time change. It's funny but we still had the same amount of daylight and darkness.
It will be a never ending debate,
Everyone that we know hates the time change twice a year.
Reasons why we have it:
  1. For the children to go to school - Hell around here the school buses are picking kids up 6:30AM
  2. We had more daylight for factories to run and didn't have to use that much electricity for lights.
How does changing the time on a Clock give you more Daylight????

Just like why the School System is off 50% of the year and three months in the summer - It was for the children to be on the farms growing crops in the summer. What kids work on farms that they can't go to school? US is lower ranked in education in the World. Other leading Countries go Year-Round. anyone say Teacher Unions.

I for one hate this time change. Stick to real time. Moving to clock ahead only forces you to start a hour earlier. The amount of daylight is still the same.
A wise old Indian once said
Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.

I hate daylight savings time. I farm and ranch for a living and it's really difficult for me to not be working while the sun is shining. Makes for some late nights around here.
You have my utmost respect, Sir! I grew up with families of farmers and ranchers and learned early on I am not cut out for it. I am glad there are people like you that do; thank you, Sir, for being a farmer and a rancher.