Accuracy change with Altitude change.

Another thought...I have a few friends who have built small buildings...15' by 15 ' maybe....heated....all of thier loading equipment, bench, electricity...everything you would need are inside. They built it to shoot in the winter. LUCKY BASTARDS :D

Now, someone please explain to me how groups would change SIZE when shooting from inside the heated room to 1000 yards when it is -20F, +20F, 65F... outside. What factor, exactly, would cause groups to change size. How about BARO....what would change the groupe SIZE with a change in Baro PSI?

Here is a fact from the MFG of SUPERFORMANCE POWDER!!

My Nellie {338WM} likes the Hornady 185gr GMX SUPERFORMANCE factory ammo.

On my shooting solution exl worksheet I have Temp as first column, 10 degree increments! Because at 70F the ammo flys at 3,080 and at Zero F it leaves at 2,997 {-83fps}I have calibrated all inf so all I need to set my scope to optimum power setting {Zeiss: rapid Z 800} is Temp - Alt - Yards to target and last but not least - Wind.

Don't have any knowledge of the temp causing POI to grow but mine just drops like you would expect with speed reduction. However, I would expect, as already stated, in some cases your group could very well - in some guns- increase or decrease. Remember it's Nellie not Fred!:D

Footnote: Paper never been my strong suit..:rolleyes:..Hair ....different story.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts