Tikka t3x 7mm rem mag load question

I have three 7 RM rifles that I built and all shoot .5 or better with the 140 Sierra Pro Hunter and 66gr of IMR 4350. The rifles are a 700 action, a M70 classic switch barrel and a #3 *** converted to a #13, a 3 with #1 pieces and parts, floated barrel, etc. They all are running just over 3,100 FPS. I built an Argentine 98 Mauser with a Shaw barrel for a friend that helped clear my yard, 36 trees, after hurricane Ivan in 04, he would not take any money but had told me a year before he always wanted a belted mag, so I carefully built him the 7RM, with a custom exhibition glass beded wood stock from my personal blank collection turned on my duplicator and mounted a $1k scope on it. When I finished it I gave him 100 of the 140 loads in an MTM box. In front of 8 witnesses he shot a .198 inch 5 shot group at 100 with that rifle. He and that Shaw barrel could shoot. He died 7 months later of small cell lung cancer.
Ed

My rifle is a Remington 700 26" with a 1 in 9 twist. I use IMR-4350 on the 140gr, 150gr and 154gr bullets. On the 160gr and 162gr I use Reloader 19. I do not have the exact charge weight on hand

On the first ones I'm at 0.54" at 100 yds. or better. On the 160gr and 162gr I'm currently at 1.0" and 1.1", still working on these ones to get at 0.5" or better. Also need to develop loads for the 175gr bullets I have

I have quite a few 7mm bullets available that I bought a few years ago so I haven't tried the new bullets like the Eld-X and other ones out there.

These are the powder charges I am using to give you an idea:

140gr Ballistic tip and Ballistic Silver tip
64.5 gr IMR-4350
COAL 3.38"
Group 0.54"
Avg 3,280 fps

150gr Ballistic Tip and Ballistic Silvertip
61.5 gr IMR-4350
COAL 3.30"
Group 0.51"
Avg 3,150 fps

154 gr SST and Interlock
61.0 gr IMR-4350
COAL 3.40"
Group 0.58"
Avg 3,130 fps

I'm currently on my 5th 7mm Rem Mag, and overall have had the best results with Fed 215 primers and AR2213sc (equivalent is H4831) using bullets around 160gr for 3000 - 3100fps in 26" barrels. I've tried various weights but find a good 160gr best all round for hunting. Where possible I try to seat very close to the lands. I'm currently getting good results with 160gr Woodleigh, Speer hot-core and Nosler partition in flat base, and 160 Accubond & 162 Eldx in boat tails.
My standard hunting load is the 160 AB @ 3070 FPS which is giving around 4" groups at 750yds.

The twist on the rifle is 1:9" and the Berger 168gr variants are from 1.372" to 1.433" long and the Sierra 160gr is 1.258" to 1.31" long. The Sierra TMK 160gr is 1.415" long but it is doubtful whether you are using that. Depending on which bullets you are using, the twist of the rifle may be too slow to properly stabilize the bullets at short range. That will open up the group at 100 yards.

I shoot a 7mm WSM too. I decided to load the Bergers for accuracy. It isn't a hot load, 57 gr. of Accurate Arms 4850. I like what they do:DRT. You shouldn't really need a second shot, but if you do, load some shorter bullets that will feed. I usually use Barnes bullets for my follow up shots, in case of bears. I like the 168 gr. Bergers so much, I've used them for javelina, deer, Barbary sheep, and elk. They do the same thing to all of them: DRT.

Just an update, did a ladder test today with the Sierra game changer. Hit the top of ladder with best success. Loaded up 3 more. Got 3162 fps with a .6 inch group at 160 yards. I hope I found a winner

Just an update, did a ladder test today with the Sierra game changer. Hit the top of ladder with best success. Loaded up 3 more. Got 3162 fps with a .6 inch group at 160 yards. I hope I found a winner

Nice, 160 gr is a great all aroung bullet for the 7mm Rem Mag that you can use for deer, antelope, elk, boars and even little Javelinas, and it does seem like you have a winner there.

so what are you guys using? I'm not looking for your extra secret recipe, just a general bullet, powder combo. I got this a few weeks ago, broke in the barrel and started making some loads. Shot some a few days ago and the rest yesterday. Half of the loads I tried I would have 2 holes touching and the third would be an inch low and inch to the right or left. It was always the second or third shot in the string. Everything was seated at 3.29. I have searched on here and googled a bunch of times but it seems like most results were over 5 years old. Thanks
hi mate I run fed case fed215m primer 70grs of adi ar2217 168 Berger vld hunting col 3.364 witch is max mag
so what are you guys using? I'm not looking for your extra secret recipe, just a general bullet, powder combo. I got this a few weeks ago, broke in the barrel and started making some loads. Shot some a few days ago and the rest yesterday. Half of the loads I tried I would have 2 holes touching and the third would be an inch low and inch to the right or left. It was always the second or third shot in the string. Everything was seated at 3.29. I have searched on here and googled a bunch of times but it seems like most results were over 5 years old. Thanks
hi mate I use 70 grs adi ar2217 fed case fed215m primer 168 berger vld hunting at 2993fps half moa load 4 me in t3x 7mm rem mag

I'd shot 3 or 4 more groups with the above load and see how it goes. What grain are you talking about here? Hopefully not 160's....I don't even know what they make the GC in.

Side note, with that box being a skosh bit short and for the game you wish to hunt for accuracy and flat out killing I'd take a hard look at the 160 Sierra HPBT and H4831. Tough combo to beat!

Last Q, when and where is your elk hunt?

Kind of weird this post came back up. Up close the game changers shot great, after about 500 yards they opened up quite a bit. So I worked up some 162 eldx and have been running that. Actually shot yesterday and today. At 650 it's banging the plate very consistently. I go out to 1050 and it's starting to open up again. It's not crazy but about 1.25 moa. Not really consistent either. I grabbed my creedmoor and hit the water hug on the first shot, so it's not me. At least I have the excuse I need to do another rifle that can go out to 1200 yards! I