7mm REM Mag Question

I wonder how this will work out. I had a sendero 7 rm. With its standard twist and my rifle Loved factory 180 bergers the best. Never got to shoot them past 100 but at those closer ranges they were the most accurate by far .5 or better. But as distance gets longer the more it would of been amplified i am guessing. Speed was like 2935 iirc. I guess i was expecting key holes in my targets if it was unstable.

This stuff is interesting.

I just got the 175gr Berger Elite Hunters today locally. I am going to try these out and see what I can't do. Hoping to get them around 2950. After the advice and information I just received on here and after talking to the old man, even if I am able to get the 195's to stabilize with a faster twist barrel, still makes me wonder if I will be able to get high enough velocity to utilize the B.C. Thanks for all your info, will let you guys know how the 175's perform!
Easy to see from your posts that you are a rational dude. Listening to others who have had similar experience is a sign of common sense and intelligence. "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." Before I started following this forum, I had a Tikka 243 that shot lights out. When berger came out with the 105 gr 6mm bullet, I thought surely I could cheat physics and get it to shoot in my rifle. Nope. Just an exercise in frustration and waste of components - not a big issue back then, but now.... I, too, like the concept of heavy bullets and max BC, but most times a really accurate, but slightly lighter bullet is better than a heavier one that shoots with less accuracy. Yes, the higher bc bullet will retain more velocity and energy at 1000 yards, but what good is that if it doesn't impact where it's supposed to. A bullet that shoots half MOA can miss point of aim by 5 inches at 1k yds, with a perfect hold and no external factors. One that won't stay under 1 MOA can miss by over 10 inches even if everything is perfect.
I just ran out of 180s for my 7wsm, so am switching to the 175 elites - so I am very interested in your results and terminal performance. Please report back!

I just got the 175gr Berger Elite Hunters today locally. I am going to try these out and see what I can't do. Hoping to get them around 2950. After the advice and information I just received on here and after talking to the old man, even if I am able to get the 195's to stabilize with a faster twist barrel, still makes me wonder if I will be able to get high enough velocity to utilize the B.C. Thanks for all your info, will let you guys know how the 175's perform!
I think you have made a very wise decision, I hope you have great luck with it

Frank, I am with you on this topic for sure. Tremendous amount of knowledge and experience here but for hunting purposes go with the tried and true to fill the freezer.