Tikka t3x 7mm rem mag load question

Hunt with a t3 lite in the 7mm myself, 168 gr Berger vlds with 70 gr of h1000 and fed gm mag primers seated as far out as mag allows shoots consistent 3/4 moa out to 800 yds, killed my last 7 elk with it with extremely good results, try shooting at 300 to see what your groups are with the vlds, they might surprise you, after all the word magnum usually starts at 300 to whatever your capabilities are, good luck with your load development

Hunt with a t3 lite in the 7mm myself, 168 gr Berger vlds with 70 gr of h1000 and fed gm mag primers seated as far out as mag allows shoots consistent 3/4 moa out to 800 yds, killed my last 7 elk with it with extremely good results, try shooting at 300 to see what your groups are with the vlds, they might surprise you, after all the word magnum usually starts at 300 to whatever your capabilities are, good luck with your load development
Thanks I'm gonna give that a try

Running ADI 2217 powder as the reloader 22 I found varied at lot with temperature
, pushing 168 berger classic hunter at 2950 and getting .5 inch MOA at 100 yards in a tikka t3x with 24 " barrel Hornady brass and cci primers

Recently picked up the same gun on GB from a seller in the south; stainless version. found some 150 Scenars and Petersen brass online at reasonable a price point.
Backed out the trigger adjustment screw all the way, breaks at 2lbs. bedded the barreled action in a laminated wood stock with a SWFA 3-15 on a Warne steel 1 piece base and steel horizontal split rings that i had in the basement. Checked ring alignment with the wheeler pointy bars, lined up perfectly. Mounted, leveled, plumbed, and bore sighted the scope.
Had some MRP and WLRM primers in the closet. Spent a few hours at the range with a short barrel break in procedure and zeroed scope in at 100 yds. Went back and worked up to 65 gr MRP @ +-3000fps.
Liking the rifle and the brass so far. Never liked factory triggers that much, the Tikka triggers are good to go in my opinion.

Recent Posts