7mm rem mag load

yes on retumbo

I am currently using the retumbo @ 73.8 grs, fed primers, berger 168's. Shooting a savage with custom 27" barrel, and it is running @3280 fps at 5000 elevation in colorado. Main use is for elk and mule deer at longer ranges here in Colorado. I have tried the TSX/MRX and others but like the BC of the berger the best and the groups are the best from this load and powder combo for my rifle.

Scooterdad

150 gr. Ballistic Tips worked really well in mine with H4831sc. Here's an example:

CIMG0466.jpg

Great round!

160gr SPBT Sierra Game King
60.9gr IMR4831 (below max)
0.010" off the lands
Federal 215 primer
R-P brass

0.433" @ 100yards in my Browning LH A-bolt Medallion

Good luck!

7mm mag

very similar to reloader: a stout charge of reloader 22 or h4831; nosler brass; 139 or 140 bullets; 215 or wlrm primers. let the rifle choose.

I shoot a 7mm Mag and I am trying to work up a load myself. My question is for those who get groups under 1MOA, as my goal is .5MOA.​

My question isn't on ingredients, but:​

1) How custom is your gun?​

2) What level do you go to on your reloading process?​

I was going to get a custom barrel and stock, but due to a recent budget modification(wife), I am thinking I'll work on what I have now(Rem Mdl 700 starting out with approx 1.25MOA).​

Thanks!​

I am looking for imput from anyone who has experiance with a good 7mm rem mag load for whitetails. what bullet did you use ect?

I have found a good all around load for 7mm Rem Mag is 139 gr sst form hornady using IMR4007ssc powder ranging form 56.4 to 60.0 gr, with the best effect at 80% of full load, which is 59.2 grs. I hve use this load on mule deer as well as boar. gun)

I shoot a custom Rem 700,Shilen 27" barrel, 1 in 9 twist. I find that H-1000 is superior for accuracy, while giving generous velocities. 168gr. Burger VLD hunting bullet, CCI-250 primer, 71.5gr H-1000 @ 3075 FPS. If you have trouble getting tight groups with Federal primers, try CCI, and see if groups don't tighten right up.

150 gr CT, 250 cci primer, 67 gr IMR7828. 3/4 in grroups in my ruger m77 mk ii. .20 off the lands col. No deer has run more than 20 to 30 yds.

my deer load is
federal brass
150 grn etip (nosler)
cci LR mag primer
67.0 grn IMR7828
full length sised, OAL 3.25" (wich is long but they feed in my rifle)

I shoot a 7mm mag.
168g Berger VLD
.050" off lands
70.4g Retumbo
3050'/sec with 26" barrel Pac-Nor
shoots just under 1/2 MOA

Bkondeff
You can start with the common things if you haven't already. Trigger job or replacement trigger, glass bed the stock you have. Good stable mounts and rings. If non of that works then replacement barrel and stock and have a gunsmith check to see if it need blue printing.
Good luck

Wow... that seems like a lot of powder! I'm also shooting the 168 Bergers in a factory sendero with Retumbo. My load is 70.0 gr, Fed 215M, seated .010 into the lands. Shoots right at .5 MOA @ 300 yards and just a shade over 3000 fps. Shot 71.0 grains with no pressure, but accuracy fell off just a bit. Can't imagine another 7 grains.
I am with you KDF!

Weatherby Vanguard action trued, Douglas premium 1:9 28" long sendero contour
(Dad bought me gun at 16 I couldn't sell it but it couldn't do what I wanted)
Timney trigger
Mcmillan game warden stock bedded

Nosler brass
Wlrm primers
Berger 175 elite hunter .04 off lands
71.0 grain retumbo

I have had very good results using 168 Berger VLD with 65 gr R22. It is extremely effective on AZ Couse Whitetail at extreme distances.

I shoot a stock Ruger #1.
I am always amazed how accurate my nothing special rifle is. I have had many people ask who worked my rifle and they are even more surprised to find out it is a factory only rifle.

Anyways, I load 63.3 grains of H4831, CCI LRM primer and Nosler 160gr Accubonds.

Believe it or not, It kills everything I point it at. The load is a little overpowered for coyotes but they eventually fall over.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.