Thumbhole Stocks

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by rolltide, Oct 26, 2003.

1. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member

I have always had a love for thumbhole stocks and found a Fajen thumbhole varmint at a gunshow a few weeks back really cheap. I assume part of the reason it was cheap is because they are out of business again. Either way, it looks great and feels great.

I know that McMillan stocks are awesome, I have one and another one on the way, but I never hear anyone mention thumbholes. Is there a reason for this.

Take care,

CC

2. ewallace

ewallace Well-Known Member

I shoot one of Bruce Bears thumbhole stocks and like it real well [​IMG]
    Crow Mag

3. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

I have two of Bruce Baers laminated thumbholes and love them. He has about 25 stock patterns and any combo of laminated colors.

BH

4. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member

CM,

Nice stick. I'm not familiar with Bruce. Does he have a website?

Thanks,

CC

5. kidcoltoutlaw

kidcoltoutlaw Well-Known Member

crow mag i love that rest setup you have where did you get it.will a thumbhole stock work with a rem 700 sendero sf in 338 rum.the way it beats up my trigger finger im wondering if it would just tear off my thumb,thanks,keith

6. ewallace

ewallace Well-Known Member

I got the stock from Bruce Baer #717-349-4077. If you have a good brake and some weight it should not be to bad Bruce makes laminated wood stocks that should work.
    Crow Mag