The Facebook crazies

The Creedmoor also gets alot of hate, because people have created this false mystique about the 6.5 Creedmoor as if it was designed by God himself and handed down to Thor for him to forge with his hammer from unicorn horns and King Midas' leprechaun rainbow gold. As if you can go buy one off the shelf, slap on a high-powered optic, buy some Hornady match ammo, and drive straight to your local 1K range, and hit on the first shot, despite having never shot over 100-200 yards in your life, prior to owning your new Creedmoor.

My buddy did this EXACT thing. He's a good guy, but he's got this weird superiority complex. He always shot high end shotguns, but his rifles were typical SE deer guns like a marlin 336, Remington 870 slug gun, Remington 783. So when he saw my custom Rifles and a mutual friends RWS .300 win mag and his Gradous 6.5 Creedmore, he literally wrote a blank check and got an $8,500 6.5 creedmore from Gradous. I guarantee you that rifle will never exceed 100 rounds down the barrel and it will never shoot past 100 yards.

I think there's just TONS of disinformation out there, and it's our job, as people in-the-know, to help correct those falsities.

I try to follow that as much as I can, when I can and the amount of misinformation is one of the first things I mention. I never pretend to be an expert but when something I know is false gets presented to me I try to correct it. I think a lot of whether they take the advice or not depends on how you word it (avoid absolutes and explain what they have right), your tone or style of writing needs to be gentle but not condescending, and the evidence you have helps when they see your builds or picture of them (more than one works best). If they're still being hard headed, ask them where their rifle is and they get quiet really fast. Even faster if you offer to go shooting with them.

A poster mentioned giving a ballistic chart of 308 against 6.5 creedmor and having that guy still rejecting it, that guy was crazy.

My buddy did this EXACT thing. He's a good guy, but he's got this weird superiority complex. He always shot high end shotguns, but his rifles were typical SE deer guns like a marlin 336, Remington 870 slug gun, Remington 783. So when he saw my custom Rifles and a mutual friends RWS .300 win mag and his Gradous 6.5 Creedmore, he literally wrote a blank check and got an $8,500 6.5 creedmore from Gradous. I guarantee you that rifle will never exceed 100 rounds down the barrel and it will never shoot past 100 yards.
Did you tell your friend he's a *******, because he could have bought a 6.5 Creedmoor for $1000, that will shoot as good as his ridiculously expensive $8,500 rifle. Gradous only guarantees 1/2 MOA. For $5,500 rifle, they'd better be guaranteeing 1/4 MOA.

Did you tell your friend he's a *******, because he could have bought a 6.5 Creedmoor for $1000, that will shoot as good as his ridiculously expensive $8,500 rifle. Gradous only guarantees 1/2 MOA. For $5,500 rifle, they'd better be guaranteeing 1/4 MOA.
Just about any factory rifle in the 2k range will shoot .5 moa with proper load development. Heck the 319 dollar savage in 22-250 That I turned into my 6.5 shot .2s consistenttly with a 52 smk

I heard this one at local gunshop, fellow was looking at a model 700 300 WSM and model 700 300 rum, told guy at counter he was buying the 300 WSM because it fit him better, ya think?

Yes several times. $8,500 includes optic, bipod, and case but still that's 3 of my custom rifles!! But hey money buys accuracy and skill...at least what some people think.

IMG_3052.JPG

View attachment 85086
What I think when people hate on the 6.5 Creedmoor.

I don't think it's necessarily hating the round, I think it's hating the newbs who come in and try to school you. Like my friend and his $8,500 rifle. Got a chip on his shoulder real quick which is funny for a guy doing it for 3 months and me doing it for ten years. I think it's fair to say the 6.5 creedmore is a performer though.

I was a pretty early adopter of the 6.5 Creedmoor. I built my first one around late 08, and have had them ever since. I'm actually happy it became such a supporter cartridge, it's created a ton of quality rifles and ammo. It has allowed me to introduce a lot of friends and family to the sport that don't reload or have the means to afford a full custom. I'm currently building a new comp gun in 6.5 Creedmoor, just haven't made the switch to 6mm, as I have shot it so long now, I have a ton of confidence in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.