TC Encore 300 RUM

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Darin Eggert, May 25, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Bret White

Bret White Member

i have 300 wm encore with sig suppressor the lightest suppressed set up for hunting I could come up with with a heavy fluted barrel recoil is very manageable also a good shooter

2. ATTISTUDE

ATTISTUDE Member

I spoke with my good friend Justin Sip of Sip custom guns this afternoon. He is/was the former owner of Virgin Valley Custom Guns, his brother Wade is the owner of Match Grade Machine. Anyway he is the gunsmith who built my custom encore pistol with the 325 wsm chambering. He concurs with all the wisdom on this post. In his opinion all of the ultra mag cases offer way to much thrust to the frame to be safe. In fact he reminded me of an individual years ago who had a 300 RUM chambered encore rifle that blew up on him with the extremely hot reloads he was shooting. Seems like there are a lot of other 30 cal chamberings that would work well in the Encore. I asked him how safe the 325 wsm chambering s and He said It would remain safe if I didnt get crazy with super hot reloads.

WYO300RUM likes this.
  3. Michael Cantor

Michael Cantor Well-Known Member

To Attistude... My undying gratitude to you for your service and sacrifice to our country. I truly appreciate it.
    Regards,

Mike Cantor

ATTISTUDE likes this.
  4. Michael Cantor

Michael Cantor Well-Known Member

I am not sure about the pressure issue. The recoil can be easily managed with a good muzzle brake from JP or UM tactical.

5. wv270 wsm

wv270 wsm Well-Known Member

Also to Attistide thanks so much to you for your service and commitment to keep our country free. Thanks again to you and all other service men and women.

ATTISTUDE likes this.
  6. WYO300RUM

WYO300RUM Well-Known Member

Not just today but everyday we honor you and all in service and who have been. Thank you for your service. Great news on your Encore pistols.
    I like your determination ! Let us know how your 6.5x284 shoots !

ATTISTUDE and wv270 wsm like this.
  7. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

THIS!

8. Gcan

Gcan Well-Known Member

I have 3 words for you: Don’t do it.
    I have one in 300win mag. I also own several 300RUMs. Go find a 3-1/2” 870 turkey gun. Shoot it once with a 3-1/2” turkey load and thats what you are signing up for with the encore. I put a big break on my 300win and its still a handful.
    Not sure why you would want the 300RUM in a 1-1/2 moa gun. If its for short range punch Buy a ruger no 1 in 375 H&H and be done with it.

Darrel67505, WYO300RUM and Ernie like this.
  9. Coyoter

Coyoter Well-Known Member

I've got a 300 WBY bbl for an Encore. 30" heavy varmint taper. Even with a big varminter forend and a big thumbhole / bench rest style stock and aftermarket recoil pad, it's pretty rough. Bullberry wouldn't make it at the time, so went with now defunct Virgin Valley Arms. Installed a hanger bar and it shoots pretty darned good with 210 Amax bullets and RL25. Kinda prefer my Ruger #1 though. Way more packable, same or less felt recoil and although group size is double... How often do you "need" 1/4 MOA.

WYO300RUM likes this.
  10. floyd kittrell

floyd kittrell Well-Known Member

God Bless you and thank you for your service !

ATTISTUDE likes this.
  11. basinman

basinman Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service and it sounds like you have mastered your hunting pistol.

ATTISTUDE likes this.
  12. Reloder28

Reloder28 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

SSK will make that dream a reality with no reserve.

I have both 7 Wby & 300 Wby barrels for my Encore. The barrels were made by SSK Industries. The 300 Wby easily pushes 180's to 3200 fps. It is 26" with an integrated muzzle brake. The brake reduces the recoil to a 243/308. Both barrels are one hole accurate.
    The 7 Wby barrel is a joy to shoot & is my favorite. I have taken lots of Axis & other exotics with it.

WYO300RUM likes this.