TC Encore 300 RUM

No problem. I do have a 28" in 416 Rigby that shoots good, but from the bench I have only shot it with a lead sled and 60 pounds of lead. It has the factory muzzle brake it's just real hard to tell if the brake works! LOL
Dang ! That's has to be a handful !

Lol the same here.! I started with a 10" 44 Mag pistol, then a 15" 30-06 pistol barrel, then a muzzleloader, then a 45-70, and then a rifle receiver, then a 30-06 rifle, then a 300 Win Mag, then a 500 S&W rifle, then a 350 Legend....LOL and then and then and then.
The 300 Win Mag will kill anything you need. A 26-28" barrel is still very manageable and easy to carry. The recoil isn't bad but I have no nerves in my shoulder anymore lol.!
When I was a kid I had a contender frame. 10 in. Bulls in 44 mag, 45 LC. A fluted 30-30 barrel. Forget length. And a few rifle barrels. Don't remember calibers. Sold all. Years later picked up a G2 frame. Had a 10 in. 44 mag bull, 14 in. .35 Rem. and a 21 in. 25 Bullberry barrel. It's just a 30-30 necked down to 25 cal. Integral break. No recoil. Just got a 21 in. 30-30 barrel.Then years later got a hankering for an Encore. Then the breeding started. 20 in. 460 S&W. 243 and 6.5 Creed 28 in.. 26 in. 308. A couple others I can't remember... They are fun to shoot.

When I was a kid I had a contender frame. 10 in. Bulls in 44 mag, 45 LC. A fluted 30-30 barrel. Forget length. And a few rifle barrels. Don't remember calibers. Sold all. Years later picked up a G2 frame. Had a 10 in. 44 mag bull, 14 in. .35 Rem. and a 21 in. 25 Bullberry barrel. It's just a 30-30 necked down to 25 cal. Integral break. No recoil. Just got a 21 in. 30-30 barrel.Then years later got a hankering for an Encore. Then the breeding started. 20 in. 460 S&W. 243 and 6.5 Creed 28 in.. 26 in. 308. A couple others I can't remember... They are fun to shoot.
Yeah the idea of never buying another gun didn't work for me. I had New barrels, New scopes, New ammo, new dies, and new powder.

Interesting. I had a Encore PH 28" 280Rem that shot 0.5 MOA with 140BT's. Sold it and 🤬🤬 wish I didn't. Lot of Encore accuracy problems are associated with 6#+ trigger plus slow hammer drop. Changed springs out to 2.5 trigger and 58# hammer spring which improved locktime. Thumb gets serious work out pulling back hammer!!! I would bet the hammer spring may have as much impact on the accuracy just speeding up locktime. When I did that the accuracy with PH 28" barrels improved across the board.

Every barrel will fail that whip test even on a bolt gun unless probably full bull. He is 100% correct on harmonics but that is what we do as loaders to find the load that matches barrel harmonics instead of cutting the barrel to match factory ammo harmonics.

Encores are unique and there are other factors on accuracy different from bolt guns. Forearm isolation from barrel and consistent placement of forearm on rest is absolutely critical for consistent accuracy.

We should know that barrel length gains maybe 25-30 fps per inch depending upon cartridge, powder burn rate and of course bullet. But if I want to add 100 fps this is one way to do so. Virtually meaningless velocity gain to most but to me is ALL I really care about. Why are there 30" barrel bolt guns? Because that person wanted one.!😂

Barrel length with straight wall is entirely different animal and comparing apples to bowling balls.

And yes I know Mike and have had a lot of discussions with him on variety of Encore topics.
I did a chrono test with 3 6.5 Creeds. A 28 in., 24.5 and 22 in. Barrels. There was barely 100 fps. difference between 22 and 28 in.. I figured there should of been close to 300 fps.. the Creed doesn't need anything more than 22 in. I know that .

Yeah the idea of never buying another gun didn't work for me. I had New barrels, New scopes, New ammo, new dies, and new powder.
It never ends. Loading for 15 rifle calibers and 20 pistol calibers now. 45 years later. Since I was 18. An addiction . Just bought a CVA bolt action 350 Legend . Very nice. 22 in. Barrel . 70% bolt. Dual swivel studs. Adjustable trigger to 2 lbs. Set at 3.0 lbs. Camo synthetic stock. Cerakoted tan. Threaded barrel. Made in Spain. I'm a little impressed. Came with a 3x9x40 Konus Scope and nice rings and picatinney mounts. I'm sure a 350 Legend Encore barrel will produce in my safe now...

It never ends. Loading for 15 rifle calibers and 20 pistol calibers now. 45 years later. Since I was 18. An addiction . Just bought a CVA bolt action 350 Legend . Very nice. 22 in. Barrel . 70% bolt. Dual swivel studs. Adjustable trigger to 2 lbs. Set at 3.0 lbs. Camo synthetic stock. Cerakoted tan. Threaded barrel. Made in Spain. I'm a little impressed. Came with a 3x9x40 Konus Scope and nice rings and picatinney mounts. I'm sure a 350 Legend Encore barrel will produce in my safe now...
I'm a 350 Legend fan to. I built a 350 Legend AR when the barrels first hit the market and killed a few hogs. Bought a Ruger American 350 Legend bolt gun that uses the same AR mags and then bought a CVA single shot and Encore Barrel to use in my states primitive arms hunting season.
Got a suppressor for it lol. I have been working on some handloads for the single shot rifle with the Lehigh Defense bullets.

But ain't it a lot of fun. I'd love to get a barrel in 25 SST, but no one is making it. Briefly considered the 25 Man Bun and 25x47, but both fall nearly 300 fps short of the 25 SST. Looks like I'll be going the semi- custom route.
Try MGM in Utah. Not sure they make that one but they make calibers that others don't.

Last edited:
I'm a 350 Legend fan to. I built a 350 Legend AR when the barrels first hit the market and killed a few hogs. Bought a Ruger American 350 Legend bolt gun that uses the same AR mags and then bought a CVA single shot and Encore Barrel to use in my states primitive arms hunting season.
Got a suppressor for it lol. I have been working on some handloads for the single shot rifle with the Lehigh Defense bullets.
That's awesome. I got dies and found some Win. brass on a site I didn't know of. Tried everybody then googled 350 Legend brass. Way down list I found Blue Collar Reloading. They had some ! Great site. Can't find .355 rifle bullets though. I have lots of 147, 125, 124,115 and 100 pistol bullets though. Not counting .357. can't use .358 35 Rem. Bullets from what I read. Let me know how your load data goes :)

Dang ! That's has to be a handful !
With 400 grain bullets it generates 106 foot pounds of recoil. I have shot it standing off hand and it makes you take a step back. Also if you don't grip it real tight your hand slams into the trigger guard lever.

Wyo300RUM: Do you mean Reproduce in my safe? Seems that's how my Encores go anyway... Just saying....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.