SWFA 3-15x42 FFP?

tdregs13

Perusing the SWFA website and came across this one. Sounds like a good deal, I've heard almost all good about SWFA brand scopes, but wanted to see if anybody who had one, or who have shot one would offer a few thoughts. Thanks

Probably some of the best glass for the price......I have this scope and love it.....mil quad reticle is nice and tracks perfectly at all magnification. You won't be disappointed.

Look up on youtube, "Rex reviews" review of the swfa 3-15x42. He thinks pretty highly of it. It's very in depth and informative.

I handled one in a local shop a while back. Wasn't very impressed for the price. Turrets were hard to turn and clicks were "mushy" like a cheap Chinese scope. Glass was pretty decent, but I've seen better in that price range. I'd say the glass is on par with Leupold VX 2 or Vortex Viper line of optics. So basically about middle of the road glass that can be found in scopes for a 1/3 less money.

For $700, I personally would look at other options. Just my personal opinion though.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.