SWFA SS Scope for hunting?

I have 4x SWFA scopes and have been super happy with all of them. 10x, 2 12X, and a 16x. I also use the shims that someone mentioned earlier in this thread that you can get from a guy over on Snipershide. I would also recommend those.

A couple quick notes if it can help anyone...
1 - The only "sale" I've ever seen on SWFA products are on Black Friday. You won't know what the sale prices are until that midnight day of. However last year instead of paying the $299 price, I think I paid like $259 plus+ they gave me free SWFA rings and free SWFA bubble levels with each scope I ordered! So you're saving over $100 for sure.
2 - If you can't wait for Thanksgiving, and you have served in the armed forces, they also give a discount for veterans. But you have to ask for it!

Seekins Precision rings and an EGW rail. Then you'll be set.

Here's my Rem 700 5R .300 WinMag with a SWFA SS 20x42 MilQuad, mounted in Seekins Precision low-height rings, and an EGW HD 20 MOA base.

I have a SWFA on a 20moa EGW rail and it is also REALLY close to the end of the rail like shown in your picture. I have thought about cutting a bit off the end of the rail so I can move the scope further back. I think I can do it clean and not make it look like a hack job. It's just ironic that I noticed your scope is so close to the rail also. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.