? Swfa 12x scope 700 sendero combo.

Fan of the 1911

First of all hello,
I have been looking around and reading articles on here for a while now, now I'm looking for a long range setup.

I have ordered a Remington 700 Sendero sf 2. The gun shop says it may take up to 3 more months to come in, have waited almost a month already. I ordered it in 7mm magnum, I'm looking to put the swfa 12 power fixed power scope on it with the badger ordnance, or leupold mark 4 mount with the 15 or 20 mil drop on it.

Does anyone have this combo and can they tell me how much drop the scope has available? Swfa does not have it listed, I would like to order my mount next, then my scope and then the rings. About then the rifle should be here.

Also any one know of any tips to help me on my way with this combo?
I reload and have ordered a few things already. Hopefully brass and bullets, will be more available in the fall. Also what bullets grain wise and brand shoot best from the 9.25 twist? I load mostly Game kings, and match kings, but lately have been enjoying some nosler bullets.

Thank you for any help William.

First of all hello,
I have been looking around and reading articles on here for a while now, now I'm looking for a long range setup.

I have ordered a Remington 700 Sendero sf 2. The gun shop says it may take up to 3 more months to come in, have waited almost a month already. I ordered it in 7mm magnum, I'm looking to put the swfa 12 power fixed power scope on it with the badger ordnance, or leupold mark 4 mount with the 15 or 20 mil drop on it.

Does anyone have this combo and can they tell me how much drop the scope has available? Swfa does not have it listed, I would like to order my mount next, then my scope and then the rings. About then the rifle should be here.

Also any one know of any tips to help me on my way with this combo?
I reload and have ordered a few things already. Hopefully brass and bullets, will be more available in the fall. Also what bullets grain wise and brand shoot best from the 9.25 twist? I load mostly Game kings, and match kings, but lately have been enjoying some nosler bullets.

Thank you for any help William.
Welcome to the foum.

Congrats, you will love the Sendero. I have an original Sendero SF in 7mmSTW with the 9.25" twist 26" barrel. I loves 160's, 168's, and 180gr bullets. I normally hunt with Nosler Accubonds, and have for years, but this year I will be trying out the Berger VLD bullets in my various calibers on various different species of wildlife....Mainly whitetails.

I can't help on the scope, as I have never even looked through an SWFA brand product.

If you would like some good load data to get you started for the 7Mag, let me know, and I can give you some of the loads I use that work great for my guns. In my 7Mag I shoot 160 Accubonds, and 168 Berger VLD's.

If you plan to Zero out @ 100 yards, I would go with a 0 MOA base, and buy a scope with plenty of MOA of elevation adjustment, honestly. I shoot the EGW HD Aluminum 1-piece bases, and use TPS TSR aluminum rings.

Some folks think steel is better, but I haven't had any issues with the aluminum setups in 1.5 years. But it's all in personal preference.

I have this scope on top of my Sendero 7mmSTW, and it works great. It's only a 1" tube, but lets in TONS of light. It also has very precise turrets. Plus, the clarity and extra magnification is exceptional.

Zeiss MC Conquest Rifle Scope 6.5-20x 50mm Side Focus Target Turrets

my senderos all shoot great. i use burris zee rings with the inserts. does not scratch your scope and they have a what ever moa you want you won't need much with a 7mm. i do not use a fixed power scope except for a 36x for target. mine vary from a 6-24 vortec to a leup 6.5x20 mk4.

I have been looking at the fixed power scopes for the Cost and build quality also the ability to use the mil rad. for ranging and wind.
I have quite a few of the lower buck variable power scopes I have a Burris on fullfield II 6.5X20 on my 25-06. I like the glass and I'm looking forward to getting to be able to shoot it some more if work slows down a little.

Yes the stw would be the only other cal. I would have concidered.
I hope to be able to get to shoot some much longer ranges this summer 25-06, and in the fall and winter with the 7mm mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.