Submitted form 1 *UPDATE: approved!!

While I agree with a lot of that I don't don't want to get caught with an illegal one. I think it's a 10 year sentence if I remember right. So for me I'll either have a legal one or none. Ear plugs for the family are cheaper than 10 years without them.
Im a welder. I cant wait for the day when the NFA is abolished. I'll be slinging suppressors from the trunk of my car in walmart's parking lot for $50 a piece :)

I did a form one and it took around seven months for approval. That was a few years ago though. I just wanted to mention (because some people might not be aware) that even though you are approved for a homebuilt suppressor, once you get the approval and build it, you are still not allowed to repair it if it gets damaged. You have to go to an ffl and all that stuff. Good luck finding someone to fixed your homebuilt suppressor. The ATF is very picky when it comes to things like that. Say you are desigining your suppressor and you realize it doesnt work. You cant stop and start over, either, even if you completely destroy the one that you were building. I asked an ATF agent that question and he said its a big no no. So if your baffels dont work as well as you thought and you design a different set, thats illegal. Obviously, no one is going to know but its something to be aware of. I will give you an example of how strict they are. If you have a slight baffel strike, and all it takes to repair the suppressor is to run a drill bit through the end of it, thats still illegal. I think the point of my comment is make sure you design, design, design before you build. Make sure your material and design will work. But if you're designing it for a .22, its probably going to work. it doesnt take much to suppress a .22.
Excellent points and year I've read that. The blurry line is at what point does it transition from the being built TO it's built and you can't change it? Is it finished once you put the identifying marks on it? If that's the case then I don't see why you couldn't test fire it and make some modifications and test fire it u til you have it exactly how you want and then put the marks on it. This is a question I've asked a few times and can't get a definitive answer. And honestly it's probably one of those things that comes down to the guy standing there if you ever were inspected while building it. For example with police or DNR agents you often hear the phrase "well I won't write a ticket for that but another officer might". While one atf agent might say "yeah I can see you messed that baffle up in the milling process so destroy it and start another one" while another agent might say "nope that's your baffle. You have to use that one"

Excellent points and year I've read that. The blurry line is at what point does it transition from the being built TO it's built and you can't change it? Is it finished once you put the identifying marks on it? If that's the case then I don't see why you couldn't test fire it and make some modifications and test fire it u til you have it exactly how you want and then put the marks on it. This is a question I've asked a few times and can't get a definitive answer. And honestly it's probably one of those things that comes down to the guy standing there if you ever were inspected while building it. For example with police or DNR agents you often hear the phrase "well I won't write a ticket for that but another officer might". While one atf agent might say "yeah I can see you messed that baffle up in the milling process so destroy it and start another one" while another agent might say "nope that's your baffle. You have to use that one"
You can't fire it till its marked and complete -- no "testing" allowed.

You can't fire it till it's marked and complete -- no "testing" allowed.
I hope they don't look at YouTube because I saw some videos on there just the other day of guys shooting theirs and going back in the shop and change some things and then go back out and shoot and back to shop and so forth until they "perfected" it

Again as before, I Don't "trust" this BATF, FBI, DHS, DOJ, to do Anything, for any American person! For me, Anyone that would VOTE for Any DEMOCRAT, is Voting for the total Destruction, of the United States of America As A Republic! When you find that it is the elected, and Un ELECTED PEONS, WRITHING THE RULES that the Americans have to follow, and CHANGE THE "rules" at Will, FJB! TRUST? In yourself, your ability to survive, Never Surrender! EVER! Be True to Family, God and Country! God Bless America!

Again as before, I Don't "trust" this BATF, FBI, DHS, DOJ, to do Anything, for any American person! For me, Anyone that would VOTE for Any DEMOCRAT, is Voting for the total Destruction, of the United States of America As A Republic! When you find that it is the elected, and Un ELECTED PEONS, WRITHING THE RULES that the Americans have to follow, and CHANGE THE "rules" at Will, FJB! TRUST? In yourself, your ability to survive, Never Surrender! EVER! Be True to Family, God and Country! God Bless America!
Again I agree with a lot of what's said, but I abide by the laws set no matter if I agree with them or not. Until the day that obeying the law stops me from defending my family. At that point I'll take whatever actions necessary to defend them or anyone else for that matter.

For me, a person is Not obligated to obey Any (ILLEGAL) ORDER/LAW! 99% of the "rules" from the Batf/DOJ,etc, are, or should not be Vued as LEGAL. And have not been held up by this or any passed Supreme court. And (if) would be, the REPUBLIC would be 100% LOST! In this case, trust in GOD AND FAMILY! But NOT the Social Communist "democrats"!

c6ca6b9a9fbffa0cd7ad9820ee331c3f1b92f4d1f863b0b38c1ba83ee8ea3d21_1.jpg

ATF updated their average wait times from 40 days to 50 days for a form 1. Tomorrow will make 90 days for me. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Youth squirrel season comes in 4 days so at this point it will be impossible to build one in time for my boys hunt. And regular season is in 11 days. So that's possible. Maybe. But it's not looking good. But as I've said a dozen times now, even if I miss the beginning of season I'll still be happy just if they get approved and not declined.

So here's an update. When I filed these Form 1's there was a posted 40 day wait. It have since went up to 45, then 50, and now back down to 45 days. I'm on day 110 so more than twice the average time and when I called this morning all they could tell me was hey are pending. So who knows when I'll hear something back on these. But I'll update when I hear something.

Form 1 wait times will probably include SBRs, and those go through in a big hurry. Well under 40 days for my last several items, so there has to be an at least 75 day wait for every SBR I got back in 25 days.

We all know they're hitting Form 1 cans hard because of the parts kits issue, at least they aren't bulk denying any more.

Form 1 wait times will probably include SBRs, and those go through in a big hurry. Well under 40 days for my last several items, so there has to be an at least 75 day wait for every SBR I got back in 25 days.

We all know they're hitting Form 1 cans hard because of the parts kits issue, at least they aren't bulk denying any more.
Agree totally. I'm just happy they aren't denying all suppressor builds. They only give you like two lines for description of your build. So I put that I was going to use aluminum tubing and aluminum round stock from Amazon and machine the parts in a lathe and I sent these pics. One for 30 cal and one for 22LR.
6AE067B8-03DE-4D38-87AD-32611323871E.jpeg

Below one for 22LR
E2485443-36C1-4C24-A1B0-04C96C9540F5.jpeg

So I hope they approve them. I'd love to get them build before rifle season but I'm fast running out of time.

Recent Posts