Form 4 Update

velvetant I got motivated and called the ATF again. The check(paper work) is in the mail! YES YES YES It's about time! Now please don't let me down, Mr. Postman.

We didn't think it was that bad, the last few weeks we got anxious because we knew we are close. Now adding a few more will be easier because we already have a couple to use.
We still use hearing protection

Last edited:
I tried to call my dealer Friday to see if they got the paper work. I got no answer. I drove down there this morning. Front Sight Firearms, Mckinney, Texas. They are out of business. I just talked to them a month ago. Sent them an e mail. Just my luck. This is exactly why I hate doing business like this. Anyone have any ideas?

I tried to call my dealer Friday to see if they got the paper work. I got no answer. I drove down there this morning. Front Sight Firearms, Mckinney, Texas. They are out of business. I just talked to them a month ago. Sent them an e mail. Just my luck. This is exactly why I hate doing business like this. Anyone have any ideas?
That sucks man! That's why I don't like having money floating out there for that long. It's mostly about instant gratification when you spend that much money on something, but also, you just never know when something like your incident is going to happen. And that really throws a monkey-wrench into things. It's situations like this, that truly show the NEED for Congress to pass the HPA or the SHARE Act. If you could just walk in and buy it, NICS check, walk out with it...You wouldn't have been thrown into a situation like this.

Might try contacting the BATFE and telling them what happened, and asking what you should do. If anyone could tell you, it would be them.

I think I might have caught a break. The store owner e mailed and then called me. He said he was going to keep his FFL. He said he had not gotten the paper work from the ATF. He told me not to worry, that he would take care of it.

You should be fine. I bought mine from a dealer who was closing shop and was selling all his at cost. He just kept his license long enough to complete all the transactions. Called me when it was time and I picked up at his house, no problems. As far as the mail goes, mine took a month to arrive after approved.....

The agent has 10 days to get it in the mail after approved, and I believe they wait for the 10th day.

Black Tail you wrote my story. ATF said they shipped the paper work a month ago. My out of business FFL called me yesterday. He said he got the paper work and would meet me today so I could pick up my paid in advance 14 months ago suppressors. Counting my blessings on that one. I don't know if I will live long enough to order another one. Originally they told me the wait time was 6 months. It took 14. So what is it going to take now? Since I already have one is the wait time shorter on the next one?

Bureaucratic red tape and bullcrap is what makes it take so long. There's no way they work on them 7 days a week and it still takes that long. What they're doing is faking wait-times to dissuade people from buying them.

The wait time isn't so much an issue for me as to why I haven't bought one, although I think they could significantly cut it down to 3 months or less if they really wanted to. It's the fact of having that much money hanging out there in limbo for that long with nothing to show for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.